Chapter Thirty-Six: The Power Within

The monsters were relentless as they came after everyone. I was using my powers to blast all of them, not feeling the normal drainage I would have by now. But, I was unfocused. I could feel my eyes frantically searching for Thanos. 

Finally, I saw him. I went to make a beeline towards him, but suddenly one of his children was standing in front of me. It was the big one. The one they called Cull Obsidian. Or, it had to be his name, it was the only thought bouncing around his head. Well, besides the word destroy, and an image of my face. 

"You may want to get out of my way," I warned him, my hands glowing bright sapphire, to make my point. I couldn't help the smirk that slid onto my face. This only made him angry, evident by the growl that escaped his lips. 

He grunted another response as he swiped his hammer at me. I teleported out of the way, ending up behind him. He was quick as he turned in a circle, swinging the hammer. It smacked me in the stomach, hurtling me into a rock. 

But, instead of feeling winded, or hurt, I only felt angry.  Hadn't they done enough already? I turned to notice that the rock was in a million little pieces, and I felt as if there had barely been a scratch on me.

I stood to my feet, pointed both of my hands at him, and let out an energy blast, morphing it into one large beam. It hit him square in the chest and he was sent hurtling into the ground, letting out a cry. 

Geez, they were annoying. 

"Looking for me," I heard in my mind. 

I frantically whipped around to see Thanos on the other side of the battlefield. But, then my mouth fell as I watched him hand out instructions to his minions beside him. To my horror, he pointed straight to Steve, who was too busy with Mjlnor and Thor to notice.

Whatever comfort having Thor there quickly dissipated as he flew away, not noticing the entire squadron headed for my husband. 

I went to turn to help Steve, but then I heard another brain message. 

"You're too easy," Thanos taunted. "I thought there would be much more of a challenge." 

This had me whip my head around. I narrowed my eyes, feeling conflicted. Steve was a big boy, and would there be another shot at Thanos? Would I be able to take it? Not that he was entirely alone, he wasn't going to let that happen again if he could help it. But, there was such a small amount of his army around him, I could take them easily. 

I took a step forward and teleported. I hope I made the right choice. 

~A/N sorry for the short chapter, but I felt it was better than no update and I really wanted to get something out there! 

I feel like I am procrastinating with this story because I know this is the last one and I'm not sure I want it to end! 

Let me know what you thought! 

ALSO SPIDERMAN NO WAY HOME WAS CRAZY GOOD!! I am so pumped for the Multiverse of Madness!~