Chapter Eight: Knock Knock... Destiny is Here

Suddenly, I felt a tug in my mind. 

"You guys need to come see this," Natasha sent in a brain message. 

I pulled away quickly from Steve, who looked confused. I wasted no time and grabbed his hand, dragging him behind me. 

"What's going on?" Steve asked as I continued to hurry down the hall. 

"I don't know," I responded. I just knew it was important. I could feel the urgency behind Nat's words and wanted to get down there as soon as possible. 

We entered the room, Nat turning to see us. Her face looked like it was in disbelief. 

"You have to see this! It just popped up on the screen," Nat said quickly, throwing up a video image. 

"Hey, hey! Anyone home? This is uh Scott Lang. We met a few years ago... at the airport... in Germany..." Scott said, staring at the camera. He kept rambling, telling us he was Ant-Man. 

"Is this an old message?" I asked quickly, staring between Steve and Natasha. 

"It's the front gate," she replied, never taking her eyes off the screen. 

We rushed outside, all three of us not knowing what this could mean. 

"Are we not going to consider the option this could be, like, an imposter?" I asked as we hurried. 

"Who else could it be?" Natasha asked, not slowing down. 

"I don't know, someone wanting to take us down," I responded. 

"Like we aren't already down?" 

"Fair enough," I said. We slowed as we reached the front gate, Scott was standing there, waving at us. I went inside his mind, I could see images of his daughter Cassie floating around. The images were mixed with a woman and a mentor, Hope, and Hank Pym. All his thoughts were swirling together. 

"It's him," I told Steve and Natasha. 

We didn't wait and opened the gates to him. He went straight for Steve, hugging him. 

"Uh, sorry Mr. America, uh," Scott stammered. 

"Let's get you inside," I said, taking him by the arm. 

The four of us walked back inside, the entire time Scott was muttering to himself. His words weren't making sense as it seemed he was trying to unscramble something.

"What the?" I mouthed to Steve as we followed behind him now. Steve only shrugged his shoulders in response. 

When we got inside, Scott continued to pace the room. I resisted the urge to go back inside of his mind, knowing I would probably only get lost within whatever he was thinking of. 

"Have any of you ever studied quantum physics?" Scott asked, halting his rambling for a moment. 

We all three looked at each other, in disbelief. 

"No," I answered shortly. 

"Only to make conversation," Nat replied. 

"Alright, so five years ago, right before... Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there you have to be incredibly small... Hope... she's my umm.. she's my..." Scott tried, lost for words. "She was supposed to pull me out. Then Thanos happened and I got stuck in there." 

"I'm sorry, that must have been a really long five years," Nat told him.

Scott shook his head, "It wasn't. For me, it was 5 hours." 

"So, you're saying the rules for this Quantum Realm are different?" I asked. "Time doesn't work the same?" 

I could feel my anticipation growing, trying to connect the dots that Scott was laying out before us. 

"Yes! Everything is unpredictable there. Is that anybody's sandwich?" he asked getting distracted. "I'm starving." 

"Scott, what are you talking about?" Steve asked him. 

"Don't you see?" I asked Steve. 

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is we don't have a way to navigate it. What if we had a way to control the chaos? A way to enter a certain point and time and exit the Quantum Realm at another point and time? Like, before Thanos," Scott said, eyes hopeful. 

"Are you talking about a time machine?" Steve asked him in disbelief. 

"No not a time machine, more like a uh... yeah, like a time machine. I know, it's crazy..." 

"No it isn't crazy, I think it could work!" I told him, my own feelings of hope starting to arise. This could work, this could be how we win. 

"Besides, nothing seems crazy anymore. I've been getting emails from a raccoon." 

"There's gotta be some way this works. It can't be a coincidence that Scott was stuck in that realm when the snap happened," I said, trying to encourage this idea. 

"So who do we talk to about this?" Scott asked, seeing all of us on board with the idea. It's not like we had much else to lose. 

Steve and I looked over at one another, knowing who was our ticket. 

"Tony," we said.

~A/N I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I know it has been forever, but my life has finally calmed down a little and I was feeling inspired. I know this is more of a filler chapter, but it will get exciting soon! 

You guys are awesome and I loved seeing your comments on my last update! Let me know what you think!~