She Was Mine

Ruby Jane's POV

"Alpha, the wolves have pushed through our barriers what are we going to do", said my second in command, Jisoo. She's been with my family since my father saved her from the wolves that killed her whole vampire clan.

Jisoo came rushing to my room, warning us of the attack. I was in here sitting with Pranpriya trying to plan our next move to protect the village. I was the alpha of the clan, the most powerful vampire in the nest, I need to save my people from the attacks of the vicious werewolves trying to claim our land. 

"Gather our forces and stand them by the village entrance, start evacuating the people", I commanded. 

"Right away Alpha", Jisoo replied. She started walking away ready to lead our army.

I stood up from my seat and started pacing the room, worrying about the safety of the village, most specially of Pranpriya's. 

"Ruby Jane, calm down. You've got an army of 20,000 vampires, the wolves won't get through your soldiers", Pranpriya stated as she stood up to take my hand stopping me from pacing. 

If there is anything that can calm me down, it is her. Her touch, her scent, her presence. I guess that's what being mates are. You find someone who becomes your other half... your literal 'till death, do us part'. Not all alpha vampires get the chance to find their mates, most of them spend their eternity alone in the dark. When vampires do not find their partner or lose them, they turn into savages. They become monstrous creatures who's only desire is to feed without remorse. 

I looked at Pranpriya and held her hand to my face... "How did I get so lucky to have found you. You give me strength and power my love", I told her as I stare into her brown eyes. 

I met Pranpriya right after I assume the Alpha position, She was the daughter of farmers  that my father have employed in our land. Father was showing me just how big our clan's borders were and how many people were under our care, both humans and vampire alike. I remember it like it was yesterday, I was the new Alpha meeting and greeting my people, then she caught my eye.

From that moment I knew who she was, my little mate. 

I was born into a royal bloodline of vampires, I was pure blooded. This means that we grow and age until we reach our 25th birthday in which we stop aging. It is also the time when we are at the height of our powers and the perfect time to find our mates. 

I was 25 and Pranpriya was only 20 years old when I met her. I wooed her and courted her like a gentleman would have... but better, because I was a lady who knows what ladies want (yay medieval LGBTQ). She knew that I was a vampire, she was not scared. Pranpriya felt the pull between us just as much as I did, mate bonds are inevitable. 

"I am just as lucky my dear Ruby Jane. When I agreed for you to turn me, I knew I will never regret being with you. I will be by your side for all eternity, for all your life", Pranpriya said. She came closer to me, pulling me into an embrace. I let myself melt in her arms, only her can ever make me feel like this. All the aura of me being an Alpha is just gone when I am around her. But I had to let her go, get her to safety before this night turns into a bloodbath. 

"Very well, let's find Kai and get you to the safe house. I need to deal with these stinky wolves", I pulled myself away from her. All the loving can wait after tonight, my priority is to get her safe.

She started packing her things and got ready to evacuate mansion. My family owns a cabin a few hours from the village, it was our designated safe house for situations like this. Just as she was finishing Kai arrived. He's my trusted protector, my best friend and a loyal guard to my family.