Ruby Jane

Lisa's POV

After breakfast, Jennie dragged me out of the penthouse on to the her parking space in the basement of the building. I have no idea where she's taking me, but she seems to be excited about all this. Jennie stopped in front of her BMW sedan, clicking on her keys to unlock it.

"Jennie, where are we going?" I curiously asked. She opened the door to the front seat for me and motioned for me to get in. Jennie hopped on the driver's side.

"to the factory, I want to show you something"

Jennie set the car to drive and we made our way to the factory... the same place Jisoo and I got attacked. The idea of going back there frightens me, making me feel  uneasy. The drive was long and bumpy, I remember how Jennie had killed that guy simply by closing her eyes.. how Jisoo almost died trying yo save me. The memories are too painful.

"Are you alright?" Jennie asked reaching for my hand.

"Yes, it's just..this place makes me uncomfortable" I said. She squeezed my hand to reassure me.

*****

We got to the entrance of the factory and Jennie stepped out fo the car, walking towards a tree on the field.I couldn't see what she's doing but the moment she came back to the car, the dense trees started to part revealing a maze like path.

Jennie calmly maneuvered through the network of confusing roads. The path behind us closed as we drove further into the woods and at the end of the maze revealed a building, it was made of bricks and chimneys spewing out smoke.

Jennie stopped the car just outside the front doors of the building and walked to my side to let me out.

"Welcome to the Kim Industries Miss Manoban" she smirked at me.

"What is this place?" Jennie took my hand and lead me inside. Everyone we passed by bowed to he, treating her with so much respect.

"This is where we make weapons Lisa. Every firearm, every sword, every shield is manufactured here. Everything is laced with wolfsbane which is very effective against werewolves" Jennie explained. She gave me a tour of the factory and showed me all the weapons they make here, how the incorporate wolfsbane into it still amazes me. The concept completely defies the laws of physics and chemistry.. indeed, it was supernatural.

"Werewolves? what's wrong with them?" 

"The was between werewolves and vampires have been going on for as long as I know. My dad, my grandparents.. heck even my ancestors have been fighting with them for territory. I bowed to end their existence when they killed Pranpriya"

"Pranpriya?"

"My mate"  Jennie said. I thought I was your mate?  "A person I trusted betrayed me and had Pranpriya killed by an alpha wolf that invaded my village"

"I'm sorry to hear that, but I thought I was your mate" I told her. 

"That is true Lisa. I feel the same mate bond with you as I did with Pranpriya. A witch have told me about a prophecy, that I will find you.. and together we will finally end the war"

LMAO what? what does she mean war? I'm an engineer my dude. I am no soldier

Jennie probably noticed the confusion on my face and brought me to a private room... her office I assume. We sat down on the couch that was situated in front of a huge desk, looking around this office looks more like a chief's office. It was filled with books and weapon prototypes, so much different from the building she manages.

"My name is Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, I am 425 years old. I wasn't turned like how they portray it in movies, I was born a vampire... a pure blood. Although, we can turn humans if they wanted to... just like what I did with Jisoo and Sehun."

"Girl you are old... but your skin is glowing and dewy, like Edward Cullen under the sun" She looked confused, how does she not understand my reference... she is old old.

"Meeting you was a prophecy, the mood goddess blessed me with a second chance to meet someone that will make me feel alive, someone who will be my light in this dark life I live" Jennie took my face on to her hand and stared at me. "I waited hundreds of years to meet you... to be with you, I'm never letting you go"

I smiled at her gesture, I've never had someone value me as much as Jennie have. 

"I don't completely grasp the intensity of this war you are talking about, what role do I play here?"

"Irene is looking into that, all I know is that you are my other half, my second chance and with you.. I finally have a reason to win this" Jennie smiled at me. "Come.. I let's take a walk"

*****

Jennie took me to the edge of a cliff revealing a beautiful view of the valley. It was filled with orange and yellow leaves from trees growing out of the autumn season. The mountains on the horizon was capped with snow, it was breath taking. 

"So Miss Kim, what now?" i asked her

"Stay with me and I will protect you with my life. You are no longer safe out there Lisa.Our mate bonds have been sealed.. all my enemies will know who you are"

"Okay" 

"That's it? no more questions? no fighting me?" Jennie asked. She was surprised, and so was I. 

"It was fated for us to meet. If you need me by your side to finally end this war, then I will stay with you... in one condition"

"What is it?"

"Let me go... after we win the fight, just let me go"

"Lisa..."

"I will be your mate. I will be your Luna, but after all this, promise me you will let me go. This is not my world Jennie. I- I  am not sure how to live this life with you"

Jennie was speechless, but I know she understood what I meant. I am a human. I am not built to live 400 years like she have. What about Chaeyoung? What about seeking justice for my parents? I am not like Pranpriya, I am no soldier. I am no leader.  

________________________________________________________________________________

ChaPter 18!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING SO PATIENT WITH MY UPDATES!!! 

NO EXCUSES, BUT WORK. I HAVE BEEN WORKING LIKE CRAZYYYYYY.

LIKE AND COMMENT 

HUGS,

JNLSKWEENS