A Glimpse of Hope

Ruby Jane's POV

I commanded Irene to bring me Taehyung's mate. Little Min-ah was a human. Oh, this will be fun. When I saw Irene come back with her, I immediately grabber her arm and dragger her towards the alpha wolf. 

"So Mr. Alpha, your mate's a human huh?", I mocked him. I grabbed Min-ah by the throat sniffed around her neck, I can hear her blood flowing and her heart thumping . Oh how I crave to drain the life out of her.

"Pease Ruby Jane, don't hurt her", Taehyung pleaded. 

"Tell me what Kai needed from you and what he's planning", I asked with a much more stern voice. 

I need to know what Kai is up to. From the research we have been doing for the past years, we can't find any history on him. We don't know who turned him into a vampire. Kai has been collecting silver, we assumed it was for weapons, but he has more than enough to forge it for a whole army. Irene, Sehun and Jisoo proposed that he could be working for someone. But that's impossible, he's been with my family since before I was born. 

I continued to hold Min-ah by the throat and I can feel her struggling. I don't care if she died, maybe I can feed on her to speed up the process. 

"Let her go, I will tell you", I looked at him, and nodded for him to continue. Taehyung stared at me for a while before explaining to me what he knows.

"Kai has been collecting silver from a bunch of wolf packs around the peninsula. Not just that, he's also been recruiting humans at first I thought it was just because he needed more slaves, but I heard that he has been turning them into vampires, building an army. There's a witch helping him cover his scent, that's why you can't track him. Please Ruby Jane, let her go" I saw the despair from his eyes, before losing Pranpriya, I may have considered letting them go. 

The image of her dying played in my mind. Once again, I was consumed by anger. I need to find Kai and kill him, it's the only thing that will bring me peace. I grabbed Min-ah by twisted her neck, listening to her bones snap. She was dead. I heard Taehyung scream, his mate was gone. He was ready to charge at me, I can sense his anger. He can't shift to his wolf form because his body was weak from the poison. 

"You bitch! I will kill you Ruby Jane. Kai is building an army, be ready, watch your back vampire queen", he said through laughter. This annoyed me so I went to tear him apart. 

My clothes are bloodied, but I brushed it off and commanded my team to start heading back to our village. Leaving the small town in it's ruins. As we were driving away, I looked at the burning village through the car mirror, no one is stopping me in avenging you Pranprita. No one.

*****

When we returned, I gathered all the information that Taehyung gave me. Why is Kai building an army, doesn't he know that vampires are weak against silver? There was so many things going on in my head now. Who are you Kai?

I was in my room drinking scotch. I don't really drunk but the warmth it give me fills the void that she left. Years have passed, my village have been progressing. It's not so much of a village anymore, it's a city. I smiled at the thought.Everything and everyone is moving on, yet here I am spending my nights alone in the dark. The only thing that's keeping me going is the thought of having Kai's head on a stick. I want him dead. 

I chugged my drink and got ready for bed. How many more nights will I spend like this.

*****

The next morning I woke up early to get ready for my council meeting. We have a witch trial to decide on. I have been the chief of the council for a few years now. The high coven, meaning the royal family,  thought I will be perfect for the position since I am not swayed by emotional pleads, subtle way to say that I am heartless.