Great Trouble

Lisa's POV

I was driving with Chaeyoung to their house. Her parents invited me over for dinner and to celebrate my graduation. I always spend my holidays with them since I don't really have any one else to exchange gifts with or be festive. I am thankful for her Chaeyoung and her family. 

"So Lisa, now that you're done your degree do you plan to keep working at the club?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yes, until I find an actual job. I have bills to pay. The club may not be the best option, but it's got me through school" I explained.

"I told you to just come back to my house so you wouldn't have to stay in your apartment. Plus, you can start saving and finally afford a private investigator to open up your parent's case"

"I don't want to impose on your family's space Chae. The rent is cheap." I ignored her comment about my parents. I have been trying to find a good PI that can help me look more into the death of my parents, but they are expensive.

"It is cheap, but the are is not safe. And your boss keeps harassing you for sexual favours, your customers are creepy too" she said.

The owner of the club has been trying to get in my pants. He asks me to do inappropriate things in exchange for a higher pay. When I don't agree, he would make me serve the worst customers, take the tips I earn from the night or even make me clean the whole place alone. I really need the money so I can pay rent, but this is the only job that allows me to go to school in the morning and work on midnights when all my homework and projects are done.

"Don't worry Chae, I feel like everything is finally falling into its right places" I gave her a smile and looked at the window.

Chaeyoung's family lives in a nice suburban neighbourhood. There's lots of families and small children. Maybe one day I'll live in a place like this with my own family and not feel so lonely anymore.

***

We got to Chaeyoung's house and she parked her car in the driveway. Her house is very homey, they've got a nice garden out front and a deck with some tables and chair where you can sit and relax while reading a book or enjoying your morning coffee.

I got off her car and walked towards the front door. I was welcomed by Chaeyoung's mom and gave me a hug.

"Hey there sweetie!, Congratulations!", Mrs. Park said.

"Thank you Dr. Park, thank you for inviting me over" I said and returned her embrace.

"Well, come in, food is ready . I cooked your favourite gamjatang!", She said excitedly. I was excited too to be honest, gamjatang is my all time favourite. My mom would always make it for me on special days, so I was glad when Mrs. Park learned how to make it for me. 

We walked in inside their house and I saw Mr. Park setting up the table in their backyard. He's finally finished his gazebo project. It looks so pretty. He's added lights to illuminate the space and there was a banner that says 'Congratulations Lisa'. I almost teared up, how I wish my parents were here. I am so glad that the Parks are here with me. 

"There she is!", Mr. Park greeted and gave me a hug. "How do you like the gazebo?, I was waiting for you so we can finish it together with Chaeyoung but you both are always so busy"

"I love it Mr. Park and don't worry, I have more time in my hands now, we can start a new home project"

*****

We all sat down and started our meal, the food was amazing. We talked and caught up on what's new. I haven't seen then in a while due to my busy schedule, so being back here is a nice treat. Once again, they offered me to come back to their house, they too were worried about my living condition. But I declined, I don't want to burden them with my presence. I love the Parks to death, but sometimes I feel as though they pity me. I have no family to run too, I am always alone.