Mood Swings

Jennie's POV

I don't know if I am sad or disappointed. When Lisa asked for me to let her go after everything that's going on, it became harder for me to connect with her... maybe our bond was not as strong as I hoped for it to be.

"You're deep in your thoughts again Alpha", Jisoo said. I have been trying to do work since I got here this morning, but all I can ever think about is the look of confusion from Lisa when I told her to take the day off. Sehun and Irene found a major break on the werewolves movements. They have been tracking a rouge wolf that's been roaming around the borders, oddly enough there are scent of vampires along their trail. What the heck is going on now?  However, it was just  my luck that their scents vanish and we lost track of them. 

"Did our trackers figure out what happened to the trail we're following?" I said as I try to control my anger, we cannot let this lead slip! 

"Not yet Alpha, our men are surrounding the borders as we speak but nothing yet" my beta replied.

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS, HAVE MORE SOLDIERS OUT ON THE FIELD! FIND WHO THAT WOLF IS AND THE TRAITOR OF A VAMPIRE HE IS WORKING WITH! I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS INCOMPETENCE", I finally lost it.

"We are doing everything we can Alpha, whatever witchcraft Kai and his grunts are using, it is something powerful. The coven is worried for their safety, all of a sudden we sent out troops to roam the boarders and they are wondering what is going on" Jisoo informed me. Great! now more damage control. "I think this is the best time for you to introduce the Luna to the coven, give the people their peace of mind knowing that we... YOU, are stronger now with her by your side"

That's a great idea, but in case she haven't noticed I am purposely ignoring Lisa. I don't know how to go about what she said, asking me to let her go as if my literal being can do that. Since I took her to the warehouse, nothing has been the same. I asked her to stay in a separate room, I make sure I was gone in the morning before she's even up.. hell, I even lock myself in the office while she's in there. What happened to our mate bond?! It was sealed the night Lisa made me feed from her. Does she not feel how much I long for her? This is so frustrating!!!! 

"I don't know what's going on between the two of you, but Lisa is dedicated to the cause. She will act the part and be the Luna. We need this now Jennie, our enemies are getting stronger by the day an we need the coven's support" Jisoo continued her lecture. 

"Fine. I will talk to her about it tonight" I assured her. and sinked down to my seat.. how am I suppose to talk to her.

We proceed to talk about our plans in case of an unforeseen invasion. Unlike last time, my mate will stick by my side. Lisa will be my top priority. Jisoo showed me the evacuation protocols and how we're setting up our troops. However, we have zero intel on how much minions Kai have been gathering, so we focus on making sure everyone is safe. 

In the middle of our discussion, my secretary paged for me, "Ma'am, Miss Lisa left a messaged for you. You and Miss Jisoo were too busy earlier so I did not bother your meeting"

"WHAT?!, YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME SOONER!" I yelled at her... damn, take a nap Jennie Kim that's enough yelling for today. I immediately dialled for my voicemail and heard her message, 'Jennie, since you told me to take the day off, I went out with my best friend today. See you when I get home'

Did she leave the penthouse without security?! And who is this best friend?! LALISA MANOBAAAAAAAAN!!! 😤

"Jisoo, find Lisa. NOW!" Man why is everyone being so difficult today? I'm ready to throw hands.

*****

After an hour of pacing back and forth in my office, Jisoo finally texted me Lisa's location.