Settled

Lisa's POV

Miss Kim was not joking when she said I am moving in with her. By noon, the movers have brought all my things to their penthouse plus some money for however much they sold my furnitures for.  I started going through the boxes when Irene and Sehun came in. They have been with me since the morning making sure that everything was going well.

"Lu-.. I mean Lalisa, which box did you want to deal with first" asked Sehun while smiling wide at me.

"Uhmm, I don't really know what's in the boxes, but we can start with any of it" I replied. "Irene, do I really have to settle my things in Miss Kim's room? She's been super nice to me, but I don't really know her to be imposing in her space like that".

"If that is what she instructed then that's what you should do, she's very adamant that you stay with her", Irene replied.

I scratched my head and proceed to unpack my things from the box. Sehun and Irene was helping me bring them inside Miss Kim's room. Now that I've got the time to take everything in, I just realized how big and dark her room is. It does not feel homey or relaxing as a bedroom should. Miss Kim's closet was filled with designer dresses, shoes and bags. She's loaded af. 

I saw Irene clearing up one side of the room, "Irene, what are you doing? Won't she get mad that we're messing up with her closet. This place is better organized than my life"

"We're making space for you stuff. You can have this side and all the things she frequently use over at this side" Irene said pointing out where I should place my clothes.

"But how about all her other things"

"I'll have Sehun put it int the guest bedroom closet"

"There's a guest bedroom, can I please just stay there" I practically begged her but she ignored me and continued bringing my stuff in the room. Man, these people are cold.

I don't have a lot in my possession. The boxes only had my clothes and some pictures that I have framed, and of course my diplomas. It was safely packed in bubble wraps and newspaper. I grabbed and stared at my achievement, I wonder how mom and dad would feel knowing that I have finished school.  I didn't see any frames in the room, am I even allowed to hang it up in here.

"You can hang it up inside the boss' office if you want" Irene suggested. I nodded and she came to show me Miss Kim's office.

I was so amazed, but just like her bedroom, this office screams the same cold and lonely aura. I walked around looking at how her folders are neatly organized. There was a small sofa and coffee table as well as a mini bar filled with top shelf alcohol. Rich people I tell you.  I stopped my tracks when I noticed her wall of achievements. There was a lot of trophies and plaques recognizing her all her best work. Some from international business conventions and some from the military. Miss Kim is something else.

"Hey Irene, how old is Miss Kim?" I asked her. "all these awards, but she looks so young to have done all these things"

"Miss Kim is 25. She's been working the family business most of her life, and when it was finally time for her to inherit their empire, she continued to build it making her company the biggest weapons manufacturer internationally"

"Couldn't be me, she's amazing" 

I don't understand Miss Kim's fascination with me. I am nothing compared to her. I barely finished my degrees and had to live in the cheapest neighbourhood to afford my education. Hell, I was orphaned and used as a meal ticket for years. She graduated from MIT at just eighteen. 

"Here hang it up beside her diploma, it looks good seeing how compatible your programs are" Irene said with a teasing smirk. 'Jennie Ruby Jane Kim - Masters in Physics and Engineering' . A genius, beautiful, billionaire.. can't relate. 

"Thanks" I hang my diploma beside hers. 

*****

The day passed with Irene and Sehun helping me get settled. We talked about our lives but they were very limited about what they tell me. Irene was twenty eight years old who's been friends with Miss Kim since her dad worked for the Kim family. She works as a business analyst for Miss Kim. Sehun has been Miss Kim's body guard and driver while Jisoo have been her executive advisor

That's it, that is all she's told me. These people are very secretive. 

It was almost 8pm and Miss Kim still hasn't come back. There was a chef who came in after breakfast to make us lunch and dinner. Now, I am sitting here alone eating. My life is literally turning and changing right in front of my eyes and I can't do anything to stop it. Do I want it to stop?

 It finally crossed my mind to call Chaeyoung. She's going to be so pissed, I haven't touched my phone for two days. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

"OH MY GOODNESS, THANK GOD LISA!" she screamed in my ear.

"damn, calm down homegirl"

"What do you mean calm down?! you don't answer my texts and calls for two days and you're telling me to calm down?!"

"Okay, I'm sorry.. I have been occupied"

"Well where are you? I'll come pick you up"

I explained to her where I was and what happened to me. It was good to say that Chaeyoung was not happy, but relieved that Miss Kim came to my rescue. I also told her that I am now staying at her penthouse since she offered me a job.

"Sounds like Miss Kim is interested in you my friend" Chaeyoung teased.

"Chae, why would she?, I'm a nobody. She probably only wanted a maid for this huge ass penthouse she has". It's true, I don't understand why she's so invested in me, but the feeling make my heart skip a beat. I've never had someone pay so much attention to me like her.

When we were at that room this morning, my heart was beating so fast being so close to her... and when she said that I belong to her, I felt a sudden rush go through my body. A sane person would think that all of this is creepy, but being around her gives me feelings of safety. I don't mind being around her. 

"Lalisa, you are smart and beautiful, don't sell yourself short. Anyway, I have an early day at the clinic, please be safe and tell me more juicy details next time"

"Alright, Thanks Chae"

"Bye, introduced me to your sugar momma soon"

Our call ended and noticed that it was almost midnight. I grabbed my plate, rinsed it and placed it inside the dishwasher. I also tried to clean up a bit more in the kitchen and the living room. It doesn't seem like Miss Kim will be home anytime soon so I decided to get ready for bed. Silly of me to be waiting for her. She's a CEO for gods sake, she's not just gonna get up and leave her job to tuck me in bed. I grabbed my clothes from her bedroom and showered. When I was done, I grabbed my phone and went to the guest bedroom. 

I'll sleep here instead. No one's using the room and this way, I can let Miss Kim have her privacy. I laid down and immediately felt sleep coming.  

________________________________________________________________________________

I apologize for the delayed update, but here it is! Thanks for sticking with my story!

hugs,

jnlskweens