Aftermath

Jennie's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling rejuvenated, it's been so long since I felt so light and new. Remembering the events from last night, I noticed that Lisa had me in a close embrace. There is no way you can run from this bond now.

I remember Lisa allowing me to feed from her, the  pleasant taste of her blood lingering in my mouth. There was fear in her eyes, maybe fear of losing me... or fear of who I am. I meant to tell Lisa the truth and reveal my true self, yet circumstances have brought us in this moment.
I stayed in Lisa's arms a little longer, her presence brings a sense of warmth that I cannot get away from. I was never the one to be held like this, but being with Lisa... I wouldn't mind staying like this forever.

The euphoria of sealing our bond made Lisa pass out last night. Since she is human, her body cannot process the intensity of the moment. I wonder how she will react to all this once she's woken up and as if on cue, Lisa started stirring around. I know she was about to wake up so I pry myself from her embrace so I don't overwhelm her. 

I got of the bed and went into the washroom to shower, sleep some more my love.. you need to recoupe. 

*****

The warm water that splashed through my skin. As I was washing myself down, I noticed the dark line on my arms were still there. I have pushed myself too much using my power. Realizing that I have such strength made it harder for me to recover, specially when I don't feed straight from the human vein.

I continued bathing and when I was done, I grabbed a robe and dried my hair. Walking out of the washroom, I saw Lisa sitting up on the bed. She was just there calmly waiting for me to speak. 

"Good morning Lisa" I greeted her. Lisa looked up to me, unsure of how to handle the situation right now. 

"Morning. H-how are you feeling", Lisa asked with a stutter.

"Much better, thanks to you" sending a soft smile to her, hoping to ease the tension. I leaned on the door frame of the bathroom.

"T-That's good to hear" she stuttered. 

"Lisa, do you fear me?" I bluntly asked. Lisa was taken back for a moment.

"I-I don't know. I never thought vampires actually existed. No less for me to become one's mate. Nothing seems to be making sense, why me? Did you have a choice? what would happen if I rejected you? why does everyone call me Luna" she panicked. I quickly sat on the bed beside her. At first, Lisa flinched when I came closer but she seemed to relax as when I ran comforting rubs behind her back. I hope you know I can never hurt you. 

"Hey, calm down. I know this is all too much to understand, but allow me to explain" I told her. She only kept her head down, obviously wanting for this to be over. "Listen to me Lisa", I said as I tilted her face so she can look up and meet my eyes. "Give me the chance, please"

Lisa nodded. She didn't reject me! oh thank the mood goddess! I smiled to her making her blush. All of a sudden, she grabbed my arm pulling the sleeves of my robe up to reveal the aftermath of my recovery.

"You arm! you said you were okay Jennie" looks of worry was obvious from her eyes. "What should I do?! do you want to feed from me again?!" Lisa said as she brushed her hair to the side, showing me the beautiful mark from where I bit her last night. Mine.

"I am more than okay Lisa. These will go away eventually, and no I won't feed from  you. You passed out last night, you need to gain your energy back" I explained to her. She wasn't convinced with what I said. "I promise, I would tell you if I am not okay"

She smiled and let go of my arm. I am surprised with how she reacted to all of this. Instead of running for the hills and leaving me. Is it the mate bond or does she genuinely care for me?

"Go and get ready, I'm showing you something today" I got off the bed and walked into my closet. Lisa went inside the washroom to shower. This is it Jennie Kim, it's time for show and tell.

*****

Lisa and I finished getting ready. I had my personal chef make breakfast. He cooked eggs and bacon with french toast, nothing too fancy.. just the comfort of sweet and savoury meal after the long night. I sat with Lisa on the table and the food was served to us. She threw me a very curious look, something tells me there's going to be a lot of questions today.

"Are you alright Lisa? Do you not like the food, I can ask chef to make something else for you if you want" I inquired.  

"oh no, I'm good with this. It's just... I assumed you'd be having something raw and bloody and gory y'know? not eggs and bacon" Lisa asked while scratching her head.

I laughed at her question. My silly little love. "I'm a vampire Lisa, not some animal. Although, werewolves are more likely to do that... them dogs" I grunted in disgust thinking about those filthy creatures. I continued to eat my meal.

"W-werewolves are real too?" I nonchalantly nodded at her. Looking towards her, I saw her eyes got bigger, like a toddler learning about the world. She's so adorable! 

"Yes, I'll tell you about them one day. Human food keeps me full, but it does not help me. I have blood bags from the hospital that I drink, to keep me conditioned here and there. I give them a hefty donation in return. Nothing beats a fresh warm blood though" I explained to her. As far as I know, most vampires have been only feeding from bags. It is a compromise we had to do in order to adapt.Humans have become smarter... more curious, so we have to lay low.

"You don't feed directly from humans?" I shook my head at her question. "I've had a few offers from humans to feed from them. I do it with consent, I'm not a killer". I've had men and women beg me to feed from them. I don't understand their fascination with pain, like it is some kind of a sexual quirk. Bites from vampires are only pleasurable between mates. 

Lisa did not say anything after that and we ate our breakfast in silence. I had Jisoo, Irene and Sehun do all my office and coven duties today. Lisa's got all my attention, and I will do everything I can to make her stay with me. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 17 !!!

Works been so busy so I apologize for the late update!

I hope y'all like it! Vote and comment lovesssss <3

hugs,

jnlskweens