There Is No Way

Jennie's POV

I woke up today, but I was not in the mood to get up or do anything. I just kept laying on my bed while thinking

It is has been more than a hundred years since Pranpriya passed away. After finding out that Kai was building an army,  we never figured out where he was going or what he was doing. Although I am still searching, I diverted my focus on building my village. As the years passed by, we continued to work on manufacturing weapons, we've figure out a method to incorporate wolfsbane into our products and was shocked to find out that it made the items more durable. 

In order to blend in and adapt to the progress that time have brought us, I masked my clan into a weapons company. Other clans would do this, they will pose their pack as a corporation or some sort of business so they don't gather attention from humans. We've been hiding in the dark, keeping a low profile. I decided to adapt a more modern name, Jennie Kim. I thought that this will help me move on and become a new person.

The werewolves are also much more tamed, their packs lay on the outskirts of the country, as us vampires try to establish stricter borders with them. There has been a few incidents of attacks from wolves, but nothing we could not control. Our headquarters is located North where we hold our council meetings. As for the high coven, who knows where they are. 

I dug further into the old witch's diary but I never got further than what she had told me during her trial. I cannot find any evidence that links me or my family to the high coven. Irene and Jisoo continued to look for people with information about this, and they both came into the conclusion that only the high coven can give me answers. I also gave up on the idea that Pranpriya will come back, she is dead and I have come to terms with that throughout the years. 

My thoughts were disturbed when I heard a knock from outside my room. I heard Jisoo making sure I was awake.

"Alpha, you've got that event at 9am today, Sehun is ready to drive you. I have also arranged for your body guards to come with",  I was invited to talk at a local university which was a beneficiary of my company. I have been a guest speaker to so many graduations and other events for the past hundred years, but this one makes me nervous. Maybe it's the lack of sleep, I was really distracted.

Jisoo walked in and stood by my front door, "Jisoo, how many time do I have to tell you not to call me Alpha anymore? that's so old school. Jennie, that's my name now" I groaned as I sat up on my bed.

"Okay okay, JENNIE. You better get up and get ready"

"Yes I will MOM", I jokingly rolled my eyes at her. I have built a stronger relationship with Jisoo, as well as Irene and Sehun. They live with me in this huge penthouse condo in the heart of downtown. We're like siblings, we run this clan together.

"You look like shit by the way, are you okay?", she asked me.

"Yes, I was up thinking the whole night so I'm just a bit groggy"

"Were you thinking about the blood moon the other day? Irene and I checked every where for any signs of her, but there's nothing"

"I know, silly of me to believe a witch criminal's word so many year ago", I faked a smile but I know she understands my disappointment.

She left my room and I started to get ready. I thought of what I was going to say, I never really went to university so it's hard to relate my own experience. Maybe i'll just talk about my business and hype them up with a job posting as usual. 

I put on a black dress, straightened my hair and put on a red lipstick. I looked at myself in the mirror and was proud of my outfit choice, very elegant but still speaks power ;)