Danger

Jennie's POV

I did not expect to be doing this much work today. I told Lisa that I will only be signing paperworks but here I am buried in more files and folders three hours later. 

After a while, Lisa just fell asleep on the couch. I can sense her heavy breathing and the calmness that her presence brought to me. I stood up to stretch and walked towards her. 

I kneeled down to get on her level and watched her beautiful face remembering how she felt so uncomfortable walking into the office  earlier. Most of my employees are members of my coven, it might have been a shock for them to see her, someone who looked so much like Pranpriya. There was not a lot of people of who knows about the prophecy that the witch screamed at her trial. If they did know, they just brushed it off as words of a lunatic. 

I stood up and walked back to my table and paged for Jisoo on the intercom, "Jisoo, come to my office".

Not a minute later, Jisoo came in my office and I immediately signalled her to be quiet to not wake Lisa up. "She looks comfy", Jisoo commented, seeing that Lisa was asleep on the couch.

"This stupid files are keeping me from showing Lisa around the office, it's almost lunch time can you please take her to eat and then head to the warehouse, show her our weapons.. just keep her entertained"

"Why can't you keep her entertained" Jisoo teased.

"I will hold your blood bag supply if you continued further" I said rolling my eyes at her.

"I don't understand why you can't just bite her, drink from her and finally seal your mate bond" 

"Because she doesn't even know that I am a vampire!... I don't know how to start explaining all of this to her!"

"SHHH!!! you told me to keep quiet and here you are screaming, we're really gossiping about her WHILE she's here sleeping" Jisoo mocked me.

"You're annoying", I grunted. "ADVICE. Jisoo, I need advise. You're the worst beta ever"

"I am your only beta tf?! Anywaaaay, you haven't really done anything to get her attention. You're hot then you're cold, she doesn't know what your intentions towards her are"

"I'm scared, I want to be closer to her and always be by her side but I hate the idea of putting her in danger because of me"

"This time around you are more prepared Alpha, we all are. Weapons, army, potions and spells.. you've been preparing for a war for over a hundred years. I am sure that you can protect her as much as you have been protecting the coven" Jisoo explained.

We stopped our conversation when I sense that Lisa had woken up. 

"Good afternoon Lisa" Jisoo greeted her.

"Jisoo, I'm sorry. I did not realize you were in here" Lisa said, sitting up on the couch and collecting herself.

"You were comfortably sleeping and Jennie here threatened my life if I end up waking you" I slapped her arm with her comment and Lisa giggled. Adorable.

I butted in their conversation before Jisoo says anything more, "Jisoo's taking you out to lunch and then tour you around the warehouse. I apologize for my boring company"

"It's alright, are you not coming along?" Lisa hoped.

"No, turns out I have more work to do that expected. We'll get you settled to your workspace next time", I explained.

"Very well", Lisa stood up."Let's go Jisoo, we don't want to bother her" my heart ached at the hint of disappointment from her. Bad move Jennie.

"I will meet you at the warehouse" I tried to compromise, but she just rolled her eyes at me and walked out of my office. You don't deserve a blood bag tonight Jennie Kim.

Jisoo shook her head at me and followed Lisa out of the office. 

*****

Jisoo's POV 

I took Lisa out to lunch and learned so much about her. Unlike Pranpriya, Lisa was so soft and kind. She is no warrior but she is smart. Lisa started ranting about her ideas for the project that Jennie is working. The Alpha wants to create weapons that results in higher kills, something that is able to target only enemies... never civilians or innocent members of the coven. 

She doesn't need to be a warrior to be a good Luna. Lisa is compassionate despite all the struggles she went through after losing her parents. 

After lunch, we made our way to where the warehouse was located. Similar to our office building, this one is a front. There are real weapons being built and manufactured here, but beyond it closer to the woods we've built a place where we make our armoury against the supernatural. It is not an easy place to locate. The Alpha had Irene and other witches create a spell to hide it from humans, covering the grounds with wolfsbane to prevent werewolves from detecting it. 

As we are nearing the place, I noticed that a black sedan had been following us since we have left the restaurant. Rogue vampires... where are the body guards when you need them.

I drove faster and sent our location to Jennie, she'd know what to do. I have to try to lose them and not reveal the location of our armoury. 

"Jisoo, slow down please" Lisa said.

"Please buckle up and hold on. Someone's following us" I told her "I will try to lose them at range road towards the forest"

I drove as fast as I could hoping I had lost them from all the turns and dusts but to no avail, they caught us in a dead end. I stopped the car and two guys stepped out of the black sedan, trapping us in. I can feel that Lisa was getting scared of what was happening, and I have no idea how to explain that these guys probably out to get her. 

"Stay in the car Luna, no matter what happens do not come out" I ordered Lisa. I also handed her a knife, I am a very well trained assassin, but Lisa deserves a chance to defend herself in case I perish. "To protect yourself, The Alpha will be here.. she will always find you". Lisa nodded and mouthed for me to be careful as she was on the verge of crying. 

*****

I slowly walked out of the car with my hands up. Any aggressive move, and I might put the Luna's life in danger. 

"Hello boys, is there anything I can help you with?" I said showing that I wasn't intimidated by them.

"The girl with you, give her up and let's make this easy for everybody" one guy commented.

"You know I can't do that"

"Well then, we'll just have to take her from you" and with that, they started attacking me. 

Rogue vampires are always faster and stronger since they feed off from killing humans. We have been trying to hunt them down, but they are good at covering their tracks. I tried to lure them further from the car, but they are very quick. I got caught by one of the men when I noticed the silver dagger he's attempted to lunge towards me, but I dodged. 

It was the perfect timing me for, I caught the rogue by his neck squeezing it till he choked. His fangs tried so hard to bite me but I quickly snapped his neck, finally killing him. One down, one to go. 

We  continued to chase each other through the forest, this time I was the one running after him. The dumb ass tripped on a brach which became my signal to grab my silver knife and jump him, stabbing him right on his chest. I smirked in victory but this did not last when I heard the Luna screaming for my name. 

I ran as fast as I could back to car, but I was too late.

Fuck.

__________________________________________________________

Double update AND a Jisoo a POV?!!!! 

Y'all deserved to be spoiled because you are best 🥰.. also to make up for going MIA  👉🏼👈🏼

Vote and comment lovelies!!

hugs,

jnlskweens