Good Mood

Jennie's POV

When we got to the penthouse, I carried Lalisa to my room. I can see that the blood is still oozing from her cuts and the bruise on her lips have gotten much worse. It is painful to see her like this. The scent of her blood is so tempting, I haven't fed on humans in so long. My clan doctor brings us blood bags from the hospital, but when there is no supply we feed on animals. Throughout the years, we have evolved to lessen our cravings for it although we are weak without continuous ingestion of blood. 

Her blood however is so pure, its smell is so inviting. It takes all my will to just lick the blood of her cuts. Even Jisoo had to step back from being exposed to it. 

I laid her down on my bed and I heard a knock on my door. Dr. Myoui is here. I walked towards the door to let her in. Mina Myoui is a vampire, she is a healer who's been with the clan since my father's time as Alpha. 

"Good evening Dr., I'm sorry for the late call but I really need you right now" I greeted her.

"That is alright Alpha, is it her that needs medical attention?" Mina curiously asked. I nodded and she came closer to where Lalisa was laying down. She paused and stared at her... "Alpha, is  that-..." 

"No. Her name is Lalisa Manoban, she's not Pranpriya". I explained to her.

"Her similarity to our late Luna is uncanny"

"Indeed it is. I feel the same mate bond with her so please, do everything you can to make her feel better" I cut the conversation short. I am not ready to explain to people that the prophecy according to the old witch might be true.

"Very well, what happened to her?"

"She was attacked by werewolves in her work place. The man injected something in her, I believe it was phenobarbital and ofcourse the obvious cuts and bruises. I want you to check and test her for everything" I commanded her. I stood up and walked out of the room, unlike Mina I can't stand the sight and smell of her blood.

*****

I walked to the bar and poured myself scotch. The werewolves are aware of her existence could that mean that Kai is on the move with his plan again? I have to find a way to keep Lalisa close, after tonight, I don't think she will be safe alone. Not in her home, not in her job... which by the way I have closed down.

I was distracted when Jisoo sat on the bar with me. "That girl really does look like Pranpriya", she said as she poured herself a glass of whisky.

"Yet she is so innocent, so gentle. Pranpriya was a warrior, she can handle herself" 

"A warrior but look at where it got her" Jisoo said. This made my blood boil and I slammed my glass in the counter, breaking it to pieces.

"How dare you disrespect her!" I yelled at her and grabbed her by the neck.

"Jennie, get yourself together. All I am saying is that you need to protect her more than anything else this time. We don't know what we're up against. We don't know what Kai is planning and why she wants her" She said and pushed me off.

"She's my mate. I am not losing her, not this time, not ever. And might I remind you, I am still your Alpha, Jisoo" I sat back down and chugged the scotch from it's bottle.

"You are the Alpha and that's why I am looking out for you. You are suppose to lead our clan and if this war is coming as for seen, then you better be ready to make the right choices." With that, Jisoo walked out.

I know she's only looking out for me and what is best for the clan. She is right, I can't lose sight of the objectives. But I also can't just leave Lalisa vulnerable to our enemies.  I fucking hate being the leader, for once I want to do something for myself. Something that actually makes me happy. I drank what it left of the scotch and walked back to my room to check in on Dr. Myoui.