I'm Here Now

Jennie's POV

Irene, Sehun and I got to the headquarters. The building is very modern, with white interiors and floor to ceiling mirrors on every floor. Everyone I passed bows to me, I am the chief of the council after all. Most of the workers here are vampires from our coven, but we also have human employees. These days we have to keep blending and adapting.

I walked into the boardroom and I saw Jisoo distributing files to the other alphas. Besides Yeri, I have three other clan leaders with me in the council. There is Baekhyun, Lucas and Seulgi. The leaders stood up and bowed to me, I bowed back in respect. I took my seat and started our meeting.

"Alphas, I believe you know why we're gathered here today" I said. "Jisoo have given you files about the recent attacks from the werewolves, specially on Alpha Yeri last night"

"Yes, I heard she bravely held them off, but there is too much damage in her city. Houses are burnt down and food supplies were stolen. I am glad they didn't figure out where her weapons warehouse is" Baekhyun explained.

"We have to be more vigilant! The werewolves have been silent until now!" I raised my voice.

"Do we know what's causing these attacks Alpha?" Seulgi asked.

"Their intentions are unclear right now, but to be ready all clans must increase security. Add people to your borders. Make sure that your evacuation plans are ready and solid." I ordered them.

"I think these attacks are connected to the blood moon" Lucas intervened.

"How so?" I was curious. Is this somehow related to the witch's premonitions?

"Legend has it the the blood moon is a powerful event. It gives power and strength to us creatures of the dark. Maybe they are finally retaliating", he explained.

"In that case, we have to be ready. Have your forces ready, the new batch of weapons will be delivered to your clans within this week. I want daily reports on their activity"

"Shouldn't we inform the high coven about this?" Seulgi wondered.

"I have not had an interaction with them for years. Any message that they need to relay are delivered by the priestess. We don't need them, we've handled much worse before" I said. Throughout the years, the high coven have been less and less involved with the clans. They're really just a public figure at this point, me and the other four alphas have been governing and running the clan for years.

I told them to follow the new protocols and ended our meeting.

*****

After the meeting I went to my office. It was a couple of floors up from where the boardroom was. My office had a nice view of the city. It is nice to see the lights at night. I laid back on my seat and massage my temples, there's too many things that happened today, which reminded me of her. I need her with me right now but I don't know where she lives, what she does for living, I don't know anything about her.

I buzzed for Jisoo to my office through the phone and not a minute later, she was walking into the room.

"You need something?" Jisoo said while peeking through the doors.

"Come in Jisoo" and she came in, closing the doors behind her. "I found her Jisoo"

"Found who?" I looked at her and she immediately understood what I meant. "No way Alpha?! But Irene and I combed through the whole country"

"I don't know Jisoo, she was there at the ceremony this morning. She is real"

"Well then where is she now?" she asked.