New Friends

Lisa's POV

Do vampires always have attitude like this or is it just Jennie? I can not believe her right now and to think she's an Alpha?! She's acting like a child. After my little dialogue with miss alpha over here, she went to sit on Chae and I's table. The audacity. You know what?, never mind that I was finally figuring out what I feel for her and this situation, right now Jennie Kim is annoying.

I sat back down, now beside this party pooper who's trying so hard to initiate a conversation with my best friend who looks like she's about to shit her pants. Poor Chaeyoung. The two talked about business and Jennie was just casually flexing her achievements, if only Chaeyoung knew about her powers. Jennie Kim, you've been alive since forever, you better have mastered so many skills. 

However, my best friend's initial fear of my boss went away once they started talking about food. The way to Park Chaeyoung's heart is anything food related.. this girl. On the other hand, I've never seen Jennie be so casual. She's always so proper and business like. Jennie talked about her cooking skills as if she does not have chefs working for her. She also revealed how she liked to bake and make desserts. Is there anything you cannot do.

Listening to their conversation, I cannot stop but wonder what Jennie's past life may have been like. Thinking about it now, I barely know anything besides the superficial. I want to know her quirks and her guilty pleasures. I want to know what she's been doing for the past hundreds of years. What are her hobbies? what does she do for fun? If what she's saying is true about my past life, then I might just actually fall for her... Am I ready to live forever? If it's with her then I maybe will reconsider.

"So, what are you ladies doing after?" Jennie asked with her beautiful smile and just like that, my irritation for her fades... mate bonds.

"Well, I was going to show Lisa around the clinic, you should come and meet some of the kids we work with!" Chaeyoung excitedly invited her. I don't think this is Jennie's kinda gig though.

"Chae, let's not bother Miss Kim, I bet she's got work to do.. right Miss Kim?" I turned to Jennie.

"Actually, that will be nice Chaeyoung. I'll cancel the rest of my work for the evening and then we can go, I'll drive!" Jennie replied and smirked at me. 

With that, the three of us left the restaurant and got into her car. I sat at the back of her sedan while Chaeyoung took shotgun so she can show Jennie the directions. Surprisingly enough, our ride was peaceful and casual. 

*****

When we got to the clinic, I noticed the construction that's going on. This place had been my safe haven since my parents passed away, I am so happy to see it grow... piece by piece. My thoughts were distracted when Jennie held the door open for me, I looked at her and she just smiled.. damn it, there goes the butterflies again. 

Chaeyoung led us inside. Here, I noticed that a section of the clinic had become a small shelter for their patients, kids who were either disowned by their family or those that's been orphaned. "We had to do the renovation by section, I started a project to house some of our patients so most of the clinic's funds goes to that", my best friend explained. 

"Don't worry Chae, I will save up and help you finish the rest of it" I told her. This place is incredibly meaningful to me. I want them to help other kids the way they have helped me. I noticed that Jennie was staring at a photo that's down the hall. Chaeyoung and I walked over to her. 

"Is this you Lisa?" Jennie asked looking at my photo, taken on the day that the Parks adopted me. 

"Uhhm, yes. I was one of Dr. Park's patients. Chaeyoung's family took me in when I was as teen and lived with them until I can provide for myself" I explained.

"Lisa is like my sister, I would do anything to protect her" Chaeyoung intervened. "I will too, I will always protect her" Jennie said as she stared at me. 

"So Miss Park, how much more do you need to finish your renovations?" 

"About 500,000$ more, we'll probably get to it in the next two years" Chae said.

"I will give you my assistant's contact, get in touch with her and we can figure out how we can get the construction done faster. Her name is Kim Jisoo, I think you'll get along with her" Jennie smiled.

"Jennie, you don't have to do that"

"This place is clearly very important to you Lisa, plus I have lots of money, so I might as well put it into a good cause"

Jennie handed her business card to Chaeyoung. We walked around some more as my best friend give us the tour. There were some kids still running around and before I knew it, Jennie was already playing with them. The scene made me stare in awe, never did I think she'll be so welcoming to kids. Jennie Kim sat there, on the floor mats while playing dolls with the younger ones, the sight warms my heart. Does she want to build a family? Would she want that with me?

"I wouldn't blame you for falling" Chae teased me. I just smiled back at her. Today's been different, for the first time I felt as if Jennie was just a normal human being. No talks about the war, or vampires or werewolf.. it's just her. How I wished I met her sooner..

After a while Jennie and I decided to go home, it was difficult for the kids to let go of their new friend but she promised to be back so they can play again. We thanked Chaeyoung for entertaining us and showing us around. This two are the most opposite people I know, yet here they are being great friends on the first day. 

_______________________________________________________________________

and Chapter 21!!!

thought I'd do a double update!

Thank you all so much for supporting my story!!! Please continue to vote and comment!

hugs,

jnlskweens