I Need You

Jennie's POV

It's past midnight when Jisoo and I got back to the penthouse. After my messy interrogation I had to go back to the office to deal with business proposals. I wanted to get back home earlier to to see how Lalisa is doing. I have been calling Irene the whole day just to check in on her.

Jisoo and I entered the penthouse and was greeted by Sehun. He assisted us with our things and I noticed a pile of boxes ready to be picked up for recycling.

"Good evening Alpha, I had the chef prepare dinner for you and Jisoo", he greeted us.

"Thank you, where is Lalisa?"

"About that Alpha.. I found your Luna sleeping in the guest room. I told her you wanted her to stay in your room, but after dinner she got ready for bed and left to sleep at the other room" Sehun explained as he scratched his head.

This woman is stubborn. I dismissed Sehun and made my way towards the guest bed room.I opened the door and saw her sleeping in peace. She looks so soft and gentle in her slumber. I made my way towards her and brushed the hair off her beautiful face so I can see her better.

I'm never going to lose you again.

I left the room to get myself dinner, man living this double life is exhausting. I walked to the kitchen and searched for what my chef made for dinner. Human food can be filling, but it can't quench my thirst for blood. Today drained my energy and power, I can indulge myself for a bag.

I changed into a pair of biker shorts and t-shirt making myself comfortable before I went up the rooftop. We hide our blood supply in the fridge up here. I grabbed a bag and drank the sweet liquid. It satisfied the itch if my throat and the craving I've been having the whole day. It was not as good as the feeding from a human, but this will suffice.

When I was done, I made my way back down the penthouse and grabbed myself a glass of scotch. I felt someone's presence behind me and my senses quickly heightened.

"You're back Miss Kim", my girl said.

"Lalisa, why are you up?" I faced her while holding my drink. She looked like a kid caught doing something bad.

"Yes, sorry I am just grabbing water" looking at her made my heart beat faster than it should be. Her presence gives me warmth, something I have not felt in a long while.

I moved towards the cabinet and took a glass, filling it with water for her. I handed it to her and she smiled in return.

"Miss Kim, what happened to your shirt?" Lalisa asked. I noticed the blood stains from the bag I was drinking from earlier. Damn it you are so clumsy Jennie Kim.

"Don't mind it, I will get changed before I sleep... and please stop calling me Miss Kim, call me Jennie. You're making it sound like I'm a teacher or something" I told her as I leaned on the kitchen island.

"Oookay, well please call me Lisa. Only my grandparents who made me a slave called me Lalisa"

The thought of it made me angry. How dare they treat her like that.

"Mis- .. Jennie, you said I am going to be working for you. What exactly am I suppose to do?"

"Let's discuss it tomorrow alright? I will give you a tour of the office and the factory"

"Sounds good. Thank you for this again Jennie" She gave me a smile and I am holding myself from just walking up to her and finally claiming her. I closed my eyes and collected myself. This urge can't wait longer. Control yourself Jennie Kim.

"Lisa, I know this is all fast and new for you, but please know that I only have your best interest in mind. I will protect you"

"Jennie, I don't need protecting. I have been alone pretty much all my life. I can handle myself" she argued.

"You have no idea what dangers are out there. Specially now that you are connected to me"

"But-.."

"Please just let me protect you", I said, cutting her off. She just stared at me and nodded. Lisa started walking away. I know she's an independent woman but I don't think Kai would think twice of killing her when I let my guard down.

I watched her back as she made her way to the guest room.

*****

I decided to just let her sleep in the guest room for now, yet here I am tossing and turning. I can't sleep knowing that she's just a couple of doors away from me. I need to hold her. I need to be with her. Fuck it, fuck this mate bond.

I got up from my bed and took my favourite red pillow with me. With that, I made my way to the guest bedroom. This is so awkward... what am I going to tell her? 'Lisa, I need to be beside you or else I won't be able to sleep tonight, I will go crazy'... damn it.

When I reached the door, I knocked and surprisingly, Lisa answered.

"What?" she seemed annoyed, to be fair I probably woke her up. I did not answer her and pushed pass her into the room. "Jennie, what are you doing?"

"I'm sleeping here. I told you, you were suppose to stay in my room, but here you are disobeying my orders" I said as I got myself situated on the bed while I was looking at her.

She was just standing there with a visibly annoyed face. Cute. Lisa seemed like she's taking all her might to not throw hands at me right now. The idea made me laugh which made her even more mad. Boy, I haven't had a good laugh in a long while.

"oh my gooooood" she grunted, while she picked up her pillows and blankets. "Fine, I will sleep outside on the couch"

She was about to leave, when I quickly stopped her from stepping another foot out of the room.. thank you super speed.

"H-how did you do that" She looked confused. I stared at her, I can feel her warm breath with how close our bodies are right now.

"Please Lisa, just let me sleep beside you. I need to be with you" I can feel my heart beat rushing, and so is hers. There is no denying that she can feel this bond as well.

I can sense her reprieve when she let out a sigh and relaxed. "Fine, no funny business Jennie Kim". She walked away and laid down on the bed. I followed her and got myself comfortable under the sheets beside her. Lisa's scent is so addicting, but it brings me peace. I have been longing for this moment for a while now. Who would have thought that I will get another chance at this feeling. Lisa makes me feel complete and no one is going to ever take that away from me again.

I just hope that the mate bond is enough for her to accept me for who I am. For more than a hundred years, I have done things that are cruel and evil. I am no angel.

After a while, I can sense that Lisa finally fell asleep, not a long while and I can feel myself falling into slumber as well.

_______________________________________________________________

Chapter 12 !! I will try to update more often now. I apologize for going MIA for a while, I was having a writer's block!

Thank you everyone for your support !!! Vote and comment please 🥺❤️

hugs,

jnlskweens