Distance

Lisa's POV

It had been a few weeks since my trip to the factory with Jennie. I have been staying with them at the penthouse and for the most part, Jennie just leaves me to alone.

We would wake up, go to the office, deal with her human clients and then head to the factory to continue to plan out weapons and train her soldiers. Jennie's set up for me to receive self defence classes every weekend, so I have been busy with that. Overall, our relationship had become nothing but platonic. Jennie does not pursue me or do anything to overwhelm me.

She's moved all my stuff to her guest room, rather than have me stay with her. I remember what she's told me that day... "I will not force you to love me, when you finally want to lay with me you know where I'd be" just like that, I am now sleeping alone on this big cold bed.

I should feel relieved... shouldn't I? I basically asked for this 'no strings attached' set up when I asked her to let me go after all of this was done. Yet here I am, I feel so empty. I long for her presence and her attention. I want her to just stay with me, spend time with me... but this is what u wanted Lisa.

I shake the thoughts out of my system and got ready for the day. Putting on my office-ready outfit... that Jennie Kim have kindly bought for me, I stepped out of the room and made my way to the kitchen.

As I was approaching, I heard yelling and screaming coming from Jennie, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE LOST TRACK OF HIM? CHECK THE BORDERS UP NORTH WHERE HE WAS LAST SEEN AND RE-EVALUATE FROM THERE!" I sensed her frustration. Walking towards her, I scanned the room looking for Jisoo or Irene or Sehun, but no one was here but her.

"Everything alright?", I asked and sat down beside her.

"Yes, I'm sorry. We just have a little mishap with a lead on enemy tracks" she let out a sigh. "Take the day off today, I've got to do some damage control", Jennie stood up and left.

What am I suppose to do now? Maybe I'd finally get to catch up with Chaeyoung. I haven't seen her in a while, but we do keep in touch. I have been so occupied with all this vampire-werewolf stories that I have completely forgotten about my bestfriend.

I stood up, grabbed my phone and called Chaeyoung, "Hey, are you free today?"

"Well good morning to you to stranger, and yes I happen to be free today. We're doing renovations at the clinic for the week, so I have so much time"

"Great! Let's go for lunch?"

"Your treat Lisa-yah"

*****

I met with Chaeyoung at a restaurant downtown. I couldn't reach Jennie to tell her I will be out, so I left a message on her office phone instead.

Walking in, I saw Chaeyoung's been seated by the window side booth, I waved at her and made my way over

"Oh my gooooood bitch, it's been a while, Miss Kim really be keeping you to herself", Chaeyoung said as she stood up pulling me into a hug.

"Well, gotta make sure she's still making millions" I told her.

We continued out conversation over some great pasta and salad. Chaeyoung's told me about expanding their family clinic thus the renovations they are currently doing. She's also told me how her parents are finally deciding to retire and fully making her run their business.

I missed this, i needed something to pull me back to reality. This is my life, a normal day out with my best friend talking about our lives.

"So, what's it been like living with Miss Kim" she asked with a malicious thought

"She's my boss Chaeyoung, plus I barely see her at the penthouse. We would go about our day in the office, I will go home after my shift and she stays till god knows how long", i explained to hee.

"You seem unimpressed with your set up"

"I mean, she made it seem like she really wanted me to be there at first, and now I barely see her. Barely have any interactions with her, like what's up with that"

"She's just your boss, right?"

"Yeah, but still give me attention, don't ignore me as if I'm not there. Jennie basically forced me out of my apartment, had people pack my stuff for me and then dragged me to her penthouse--"

"Lisa"

"And then she was acting so possessive in the beginning, making me share her room with her. Now guess what?  She can't even be bothered for a decent conversation--"

"LISA!" she stopped my ranting. "What?!" I asked Chaeyoung

"Do you like her?"

Do I?

------------------------

Here's a short update!!!! I am so sorry I have been MIA. Between the holidays and finding a new job i have been very busy. I promise I will update more this week just hang in there.

Thank you all for my new readers, and the ones sticking with my story. Thank you for all the likes and votes and comments!!!! It means so much to me 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Hugs,

Jnlskweens