~~~Chapter 2~~~

January 2005

I got to school early like I have every cloudy day for the past 2 months. There was a new girl starting at school today, she was the latest gossip I was spreading with my new best friend Lily Stanley. I was what people would call 'one of the popular lot' the complete opposite to my family but I still threaten anyone who says something about them. Dad says my sociality is probably because of my age.

So i thought the new girl 'Bella' seems like any normal human but more quiet and really clumsy that was until I heard Edward say he cant read her mind at lunch. It turns out Bella is friends with Lily's cousin so while Lily went to meet her I went over to my family to see what was happening.

“What’s going on?” I asked quietly.

“Edward cant read Isabella's mind,” Emmett snickered.

“Oh do you know why?” I tried not to laugh.

“No and its annoying me,” Edward snarled.

“Now you know how we feel all the time.” I laughed before the bell went sending us all to lessons.

Next thing I know we are in the car driving home too fast  and Edward drops us off and leaves. I turn to Alice.

“Where's he going Alice? What isn’t he telling me? What happened?”

I started to lunge at her and Jasper had to grab me growling in my ear.

“Bella's blood sings to Edward,he's left so he wont kill her.”

“WHAT! I'm going to kill him when he comes back and he will come back.” I screamed before walking off.

The next day I stayed off school, choosing not to go if there’s a possibility I might loose it at Bella.

Around Mid-day a week later there was a knock at my door.

“Come in Edward.” I said without looking up from my book. My door opened and I felt a weight on the bottom of my bed.

“I'm sorry Lizzie...”

I ignored him and carried on reading.

“I had to leave because I thought if I stayed here I would be too tempted. I don’t want to kill her, I refuse to become a monster again.”

“And you wont. If you don’t want to kill her, you wont. You need to have some faith in yourself!” I exclaimed looking over my book.

“I know.” he whispered.

“So what are you going to do now?” I asked.

“I'm going back to school, she's not driving me away from my family. Not a pathetic human.” he hissed.

I nodded at him and went back to reading while he sat there and read the book from my mind.

“Edward?” I asked later that day before everyone else got home from school.

“No I wasn’t going to tell you I was leaving Lizzie. It would hurt me to much..” he told me reading the question from my mind.

“It hurt me that you left. Promise me you wont do it ever again.”

“I promise” he said softly pulling me into a hug.

~~~***~~~