~~~Chapter 13~~~

"You cant leave me, I wont let you!" he said possessively.

"I have a family Alec, I have been with them longer, I love them," my eyes shone with tears that will never fall.

He looked away sadly.

"I know," he muttered.

"You can come with me?" I offered and he shook his head.

"This is my family Elizabeth,"

I nodded understandably.

"Well how about we give it a few years, until my family moves again and then we can both move somewhere else, you can still work for your family and I can still see mine..." I offered again.

He thought about it. And after a while he nodded.

"How long until you have to move?" he asked.

"Three years at most, we have been there for three years and people will start to notice sooner or later." I explained.

"Okay, I guess I can wait that long, but we have to talk,"

"Lets not worry about that right now anyway, I am staying for a few weeks anyway," I said wanting to change the subject and remove the sadness from his eyes. "What do you do around here for fun?" I asked.

"Ummm, read, hunt.....that's about it," he told me, I started at him my mouth open.

"OMG I just NEED to introduce you to the fun of being a modern day teenager." I said emphasising 'need'

"So what do we do?" he asked smiling slightly.

"Well first I need to hunt.." I said shyly. He looked into my eyes realising they were dark.

"Oh sorry, I will take you." he apologised and grabbed my hand pulling me from the castle.

He held my hand all the way to the middle of a forest on the outskirts of the city. When we stopped he let go of my hand and stepped back. I smiled at him and closed my eyes. I could feel him watching me but it didn't bother me.

I heard a large heart beat nearby, brown bear by the scent of it. My eyes shot open and I followed the smell, I hid in the trees watching the bear. I could still feel Alec watching me but I ignored him. I pounced on the bears back and snapped its neck before it could throw me off, I didn't play with my food like Emmett. I bit into the bears neck and drank the blood while it was still warm.

My eyes locked with Alec's while I drank and he studied me. I dropped the bear when I was full. There was still blood left but I was a small person.

"How can you drink that? What does it taste like?" He asked when I stood up.

"Why don't you try some?" I offered. He walked towards me and picked up the bear. He bit into its neck and drank he dropped it after a few sips.

"It satisfies but it doesn't taste the same," he stated after.

"I wouldn't know..." I told him truthfully.

"You haven't...?" he asked shocked.

"No," I said proudly.

"Wow, how do you do it?" he asked.

"Human blood doesn't smell any better than animal blood to me," I explained "When I woke up to this life I was covered in my own blood and it didn't even bother me."

"How did you become a vampire?" he asked grabbing my hand.

"Well, it was 1918 and me and my family lived in Chicago, my dad caught the Spanish influenza and died in the first wave, my mother and brother caught it next. I was told they both died and the family nanny left me alone in our family house. I sat in one place for three days not even moving until I heard someone breaking in to the house. I went to investigate and was stabbed in the stomach. Edward found me and took me back to Carlisle who changed me." I told him. "What about you?" I asked.

"I lived in a small village with my twin sister Jane and our parents, I don't know the exact dates because time wasn't recorded then like it is now. Life was normal until we turned 16, it was then that the villagers started to whisper about us, it was a time when people were scared. They blamed natural occurrences on witches. One day a woman, that our family disliked, died in a 'strange way' and our family was blamed. The villagers pulled us out of bed that night and dragged us up the hilltop, they tied our parents to stakes and we were forced to watch them burn. Then me and Jane were tied to stakes and set alight. It was so painful. All I wanted to do was make the pain go away, so I couldn't feel anything. Jane said all she wanted was to make them feel our pain. Aro, Caius and Marcus appeared. They killed the whole village and changed me and Jane. Aro said he could sense the power on us..." he whispered the end.

I threw my arms around his neck in comfort.

"How could someone do something like that to you?" I asked, my voice muffled because my head was on his chest.

"Its okay.. it all led me to you," he murmured his face pressed against my hair.

I looked up and found my face inches from his. His eyes darted down to my lips, as if asking for permission. I tilted my face up and he leaned down slightly and our lips met.

Sparks flew between us and my lips felt like they were on fire. I pulled myself onto my tiptoes to deepen the kiss and Alec pulled me closer to him. I could have kissed him all day because we didn't need to breath but we had to pull apart eventually before the sun rose. We rested our head against each other our breaths mingling between us.

"We better get back," he whispered smiling.

I nodded and we broke apart and ran back to the castle.

~~~***~~~

Sorry I didn't publish anything last week, we were changing Wifi providers and our old provider cancelled our Wifi, (like they were meant to) but the new one had no records of us even though we have been with them for our mobiles for 10 years! So we had no internet for 2 weeks while they tried to find us and then send the right things out to us... it was almost like a horror film.

Anyway, I made this weeks update as an apology of sorts, so I hope you enjoyed!