~~~Chapter 10~~~

"What's wrong?" I heard Alec's voice come from the doorway.

I turned quickly.

"Why are you in here?" I asked.

"I did knock but when you didn't answer I got worried and looked in." he explain.

I nodded and looked back down. I felt a weight on the bed next to me.

"So what's wrong?" he asked again.

"I just realised I haven't contacted my family and so they must be worried about me..." I explained.

"Oh...do you want to borrow a phone to call them?" He asked politely.

"No I have already texted my Mum," I said "But thanks for the offer."

He smiled at me warmly.

"So why weren't you with your family when we found you?"

"I had fallen out with my brother....my birth brother, he has formed an obsession with a human who happens to be his blood singer," I explained "She don't know about us though!" I added quickly.

"It's alright, if she don't know then your family isn't in trouble, but your brothers treading on dangerous grounds." He warned me.

"I told him to stop, he wasn't very nice to me after that..." I said quietly.

"I was staying at my friends house when you took me..." I cut off.

I picked my phone up quickly and sent a text to Lily telling her not to worry. I looked up and Alec was watching me strangely.

"Sorry I had to text my friend..." I muttered.

He nodded understandably. And silence fell over us.

"Jane spoke to me..." he said smirking.

I blushed and moaned flipping over and burying my face in the bed covers.

"What did she say?" I said, my voice muffled by the sheets.

"That she thought we might be mates....." he told me.

I peeked to see his reaction and he still wore his signature smirk.

"....and that you liked me," he finished. His smirk growing.

I blushed even more and hid my face again. It was silent for a few minutes and then.

"I can still see you so you might as well sit up." his musical voice lured me.

I sat up unwillingly, an unknown force telling me to do what I am told.

He sat staring at me for a while and then grabbed my chin gently making me look into his eyes.

"Don't be ashamed of liking me, especially if we are mates," he told me staring into my golden eyes.

"You don't think we are?" I asked.

"I have been alone for so long I have given up on the idea of mates. If we are mates then I am extremely lucky." he said his eyes shining.

I nodded and he moved his hand from my chin to my hand.

"Come on." he said pulling me up and out of the room.

I followed him down corridor after corridor until we came to a fancy door. He knocked and after a muffled 'come in' we entered the room.

It appeared to be a long library filled to the ceiling with books. I looked around in awe.

"Wow!" I gasped.

"I will take that as a compliment Miss Elizabeth." I soft voice spoke from behind me.

I turned quickly and came face to face with the other man from the hall.

"Ummmmm...." I said.

"I am Marcus," he introduced himself.

"Sorry to interrupt you Sir.." Alec said politely "But I have to ask you a question."

"Ask away then Alec," Marcus said, a strange glint in his eye as he looked between me and Alec.

"Are we mates?"

~~~***~~~