~~~Chapter 17~~~

A knock on the door broke us out of our comfortable science. Before we could even say a come in, the door flew open and an arm wrapped around my wrist pulling me. Alec went into protective mode immediately and threw me behind his back. He growled aggressively but cut of when he realised who was standing in front of us. Jane.

"I'm sorry Jane I..." Alec started looking absolutely devastated.

"No Alec I'm sorry I should have told you it was me, you were just protecting you mate...... but I need to get her ready for the party tonight.." Jane said quietly.

Alec nodded feeling guilty, obviously for almost attacking his sister.

"I'll see you later okay?" I asked as I walked towards Jane.

He smiled and I pecked his lips teasingly and ran towards my bedroom. I heard him laughing behind me. I entered my room and saw Jane staring blankly at the mirror. I walked up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder making her jump.

"He didn't mean it Jane and he feels really guilty," I told her.

"I know," she said smiling at me "It was just a shock, you know. But I know what not to do now."

We were silent for a moment before she pulled me toward the chair and started on my make-up.

We laughed and talked for the rest of the afternoon, Jane put my hair up in a elegant twisty bun with only a few clips so I could pull it out quickly. I had dark eye liner on to make my green eyes pop and my naturally long lashes were made even longer with mascara. I had a thin layer of red lipstick on and light green eye shadow.

I curled Jane's hair and pinned it back to make a change from her usual tight bun. She had the same make-up as me but in light blue to match her dark blue dress.

We got into our dresses and added our accessories and shoes. By the time we had finished, it was time to make our way there. I snapped a photo of us both first and we headed towards the party.

"So who are you going with?" I asked Jane.

"No one, I wasn't asked but that doesn't mean I'm not going to find someone to have some fun with," she told me laughing slightly "What about you and my brother?"

"No we haven't done anything but kiss." I told her.

"I am surprised he hasn't marked you yet to be honest," she said just as we turned the corner and saw Alec standing outside the party.

His jaw dropped when his eyes landed on me.

"You both look amazing," he told us smiling before grabbing my hand.

"Thank you brother but I better go," Jane said walking into the crowd of people.

"You look better than amazing," Alec whispered into my ear causing me to giggle "Do you want to dance?" he asked.

I nodded and we headed into the party and onto the dance floor. We danced for hours and then a slow song came on. Alec pulled me tightly to his chest and I wrapped my arms around his neck our foreheads resting on each other.

"I love you," he told me over the music of our tenth dance.

"I love you too," I admitted leaning forward to kiss him.

A few minutes later we broke apart.

"Do you want to leave?" Alec asked me quietly.

I nodded grinning and we left the party hand in hand.

~~~***~~~