~~~Chapter 24~~~

I spent a few hours with Lily. I received a text just after I arrived there that my family were going to play baseball in the clearing if I wanted to join them, I denied because Alec was going to call later and I would need signal.

Me and Lily spoke about the time I was in Italy and how my family now knows that she knows about us.

At 7:00 I got a text from Edward,

Get in the car NOW! Quickly!

I looked out of the window to see Emmett's jeep waiting.

"I think I have to go, something's come up...apparently.." I said to Lily hugging her goodbye.

She nodded and I ran downstairs at a human pace.

"Bye Mrs Stanley! Thank you for having me!" I called politely.

"Any time dear, its always a pleasure." she called back.

I hugged Lily again and promised to keep her informed. I then opened the door and walked outside. I could tell what was wrong immediately,there was another vampire here. My appearance was human and my scent was as well because I had been around Lily all day. I looked into the forest and saw the vampire.

He was male with long blonde hair tied up in a pony tail. He had a female with him who had a forest of red hair framing a childlike face. I pretended to not be able to see them and walked faster to the car. I pulled the door open and jumped in the back.

"What's going on?" I asked as soon as I was in the car.

"James is after Bella and now he is interested in you!" Edward shouted angrily driving home at a fast speed.

"What do you mean!" I snarled.

"James saw Bella while we were playing baseball, and now he wants her. Its all a game to him. And on top of that has added you into his little game!" Edward stated.

I let it all run through my head.

"He is stupid if he thinks I am a human...look at me I am to perfect to be human," I said confidently.

"He doesn't want you like he wants Bella...he wants to own you." Edward hissed.

I gulped suddenly feeling scared.

"It will be okay Lizzie," he whispered reading my mind.

We soon arrived back at the house and I ran into Mum and Dads arms.

"What's wrong?" Dads asked worriedly.

"Lizzie go pack! I'll explain." Edward commanded.

I ran upstairs and grabbed a bag. I threw clothes into it as well as my sketch book and some pencils. I checked I had my phone and its charger and ran downstairs. Mums arms were around me in an instant.

"Its okay baby," her voice cooed.

"I'm scared." I sobbed breaking down.

I felt dad rubbing my back and for once I actually felt like a child again.

"It will all be over soon." his soothing voice said calming me.

I nodded and pulled away going to stand behind Edward. I felt my emotions becoming too much. Jasper was reacting to my emotions and I could feel my appearance changing.

Then it stopped. I began to feel very calm. I saw my whole family watching me worried.

"Lizzie you have to calm down!" Edwards worried face appeared in front of me his hands on my shoulders.

What was he on about I was calm....very calm...what did I have to be worried about?.....James...

I felt the panic rising before everything went into a haze. It was like I was filled with nothing but calm and I couldn't remember anything at all.

I felt myself being picked up and then placed back down. My eyes were closed because of how calm I was. Maybe this is sleeping for vampires. There were lips pressed to my head and then...movement... I was in something that was moving. A car perhaps? I heard a buzzing noise that I recognised as my phone but I didn't want to pick it up. I heard a voice, Alice, answer it but I couldn't focus on what was being said until,

"Jasper bring her back,"

Then the daze disappeared and everything came back. My breathing got faster and I saw Alice in front of me her hands on my face telling me that I need to calm down. But I couldn't. I tried and I couldn't.

I saw Bella sitting across from me and Jasper driving.

"Cant you calm her down a little?" Alice asked Jasper.

"No her panic just increases, its all the way or nothing at all." he said looking in the mirror at me worriedly.

Alice sighed but picked up my white phone from the seat next to me. She placed it to her ear and said "Alec calm her down!"

She then placed the phone to my ear and Alec's voice came through the other side sounding more worried than I was.

"Baby?Baby? Breath please! I need you to calm down so you can talk to me.Please." his voice pleaded.

I breathed slower trying to calm down. His voice continued to sooth me while he listened to my breathing through he phone. Finally my breathing returned to normal.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

"Yes I am now....but I'm scared," I whispered.

"I know baby...your sister told me what happened, its okay your family wont let him get you," Alec comforted me.

"I know they wont," I said looking at Alice and then Jasper.

They smiled at me warmly.

"Thank you," I said to all of them.

They all said welcome back even Alec.

I then sat talking to Alec quietly for the rest of the car ride to safety.

~~~***~~~