~~~Chapter 8~~~

In the early hours of the morning there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I called, knowing they would hear me anyway. No one answered and the door didn't open. I got up and pulled open the heavy looking door. Outside stood a young girl. She had similar features to Alec but was blonde, she was also smaller, more my size.

"I did say come in," I told her.

"I wouldn't have heard... each room is soundproof." she informed me. "Oh my names Jane."

"Elizabeth, but you already know that..." I told her. "Its nice to have some privacy, I don't get that at home, anyone can come in each others rooms and you can hear everything...not nice with 3 mated couples in the house." I told her letting her into the room.

"Well our rooms are ours. We are given our privacy. The doors can even be locked and not opened with strength. The locks are made of the strongest human metal with vampire ashes mixed in."

"Wow, I could get used to this..." I sighed happily.

There was a moments silence before Jane burst out.

"Well I know my brother likes you..." Jane giggled.

"Your brother?" I asked my eyebrows scrunching together.

"Alec." she said.

"Ohhhhhh, he said that?" I asked hopefully.

"No but I know him. He hasn't acted the way he has with you in.... well ever." she said "But you like him." she stated.

"I....ummmm......well......no.....yes.....ummm." I stuttered.

"Spit it out," she squealed.

I laughed at her behaviour. "Well, there definitely something there, I am attracted to him for certain." I spilled.

She squealed again.

"OMG! YOUR MATES!!!" she screamed loudly.

"W-w-w-what?" I stuttered stuck on whether to be happy or not.

"Your mates!" she said again.

I sat in shock. Mates?

"Elizabeth? Elizabeth?" I heard Jane calling but I was only snapped out of my daze when she clapped her hands in front of my face.

"Hey!" she shouted.

"Sorry, I'm just shocked..." I explained.

"Your shocked? He's going to go crazy when he finds out... he has been waiting so long for a mate, he's given up on the idea of them."

"What's he like?" I asked curiously.

"Hmmmmm, how to describe Alec... let me get back to you on that, right now we need to go shopping... its dusk so we can finally go out!" she grabbed my hand pulling me from the castle.

I looked back and was surprised by the beauty of the place.

"Wow..." I said breathlessly.

"I know right!" she called "Come on slow poke!"

"I am coming!" I said running human speed to catch up so not to draw unwanted attention.

~~~***~~~