Chapter 1

Elle felt alone.. like always.

Everything seemed dark and suffocating- just like her old room.

She tried to breath but couldn't find air. She gasped and gasped but the air was too thin for her to inhale.

Suddenly, Elle began to experience something she never experienced before.

She cried. Baseless tears flowed out from her eyes, all because she couldn't breathe in air.

*Gasp*

Elle slowly opened her heavy eyes.

The tears were still evident and she wiped off the strange wetness from her cheeks.

When she came to, she realized that she was in an unknown place.

She found herself to be inside a different room.

A beautiful room unlike the one she had before. A room with windows and doors. A large room.

Everything was bright and colorful.

She was sure that she sliced off her throat and died just earlier.

What happened?

She stood up from her bed and opened the door towards the balcony.

Elle saw something undescribable beyond that door.

Green grasses, a lake, trees all over the place, gardens, flowers, a town from afar, towers, mountains, skies, clouds and sun.

She saw something she's never seen before. It was something she could only imagine from the books she read.

"Where am I?" Her tone was nonchalant.

She didn't feel panic, fear or anxiousness right now. She adjusted to her situation right away.. like an automatic machine.

Elle went back to her room inside and noticed another door. It must be the door towards outside. Towards the exit.

She walked towards the door and opened it.

When she came out, the hallway was quiet.

There were no people nor an inch of noise. It didn't feel strange for her since she was used to that kind of silence.

Elle decided to roam around the place freely.

It was the first time that she experienced such long walk. From her observation, It seemed like she lived inside a large mansion all alone.

Elle looked at the rose bushes that was planted in the garden. She breathed in the fresh breeze that just passed by.

She plucked one out carelessly, not realizing that she was already pierced by its thorns.

"Oh."

Blood trickled from her finger and it reminded her of the knife she used to kill herself. It was quite sharp and she liked it.

Elle wasn't one to express her emotions. In fact, she doesn't know how to express it.

She plucked another one and her fingers got pierced again. This time, she felt slight pain.

"Ah-"

Right after she experienced that pain from her fingers, another pain seeped inside her head.

It was so painful that she had to let go of the roses that she held.

She knelt on the ground and looked for ways to make the headache disappear.

It was the first time she experienced such thing.

"Ahck-" She rubbed her head and calmed her senses.

Slowly, the pain was starting to disappear. But right after she calmed down, Elle recalled these unusual memories of someone else.

Elle walked towards the nearest fountain and looked at her reflection.

Long, silky black hair and dull, black eyes with no life at all. An ethereal beauty. She looked like a sheltered princess.

"Eurielle Deidamus..."

Elle stood up from the grass and stared at her bloody finger.

"My lady." Suddenly, a person approached her.

She had dark-blue hair that's tied in a ponytail and she had pretty purple eyes. She wore a maid's uniform.

"Who.. are you?" Elle asked calmly.

"Greetings Lady Eurielle, my name is Nathalia. I'm your lady in waiting." She introduced herself as she curtsied gracefully.

"Hello Nathalia."

Despite of the fact that it's Eurielle's first time of meeting a person since birth, her attitude remained composed.

Nathalia cast her sight on Elle's finger. She took a clean cloth from her pocket and dampened it a bit in the fountain water.

"Pardon me, my lady." Nathalia took Elle's hand.

She then cleaned Eurielle's blood on her finger then wrapped it neatly with a clean bandage later on.

"Ah, thank you." Elle uttered.

"It's my job, my lady." Nathalia responded accordingly. "It's time for your tea, my lady. Please follow me."

Elle just followed her from behind.

A few maids passed by them and one of them bumped into Elle.

"Euk-"

"Ahck-! AH!! Please spare me, my lady!" The maid bowed as she crouched on the ground.

As other maids locked gazes with Elle, all of them bowed in fear.

"W-We greet our lady." They said in unison.

Their heads were drooped low and their faces were pale. Most of them even trembled in fear.

'They look afraid.' Elle quietly thought.

"I apologize on their behalf, my lady. All of you may go." Nathalia spoke.

"Yes!"

All the maidservants quickly left, heeding Nathalia's word.

Elle finally arrived back to her room and she sat on the chair outside the balcony.

Nathalia prepared tea and refreshments, then she left Elle after.

Elle just stared at the clouds for a while with an emotionless expression.

It's the first time that she experienced such freedom.

She leaned her face on her palm and stared at the deep skies.

A low sigh escaped her mouth as she thought about certain things.

"Hahhh..."

Elle recalled something.

It was unusual for her to remember certain things when she was so forgetful in the first place.

"So I'm a villainess."