Chapter 46

The moment the three of them went back inside the dungeon, they discovered the dead Abigail.

"Hey mage, how about you bring her back to life?" Clayton suggested.

Asterion performed resurrection to Eurielle when her life was in dire danger and it was only possible because it was Eurielle.

But him? Sacrificing half of his magic to revive Abigail? That b'tch?

"We have no choice. I'll just have my servant bury her body. John." Asterion responded.

"Yes, young master." John appeared behind him in a flash.

Asterion signaled him to discard her corpse. "And don't forget to burn her body so she won't have any chances to be reborn."

"Understood." John immediately carried out his order.

"That was too quick." Theo sighed disappointedly.

Earlier he was just washing his hands and when he returned, Abigail was already dead. He wanted to do more than just plucking her eyes out and breaking her arm.

After disposing and burning her body, their job was finally finished.

Now, all that's left is to see Eurielle.

...

"Rielle!!"

Theo immediately gave her a big hug the moment he saw her.

"Theo. Clayton and Rion too. Where were you?" She tilted her head.

"Rielle, we killed the b'tch for you." Theo nuzzled his head on her neck.

Asterion pulled him behind the collar. "It's "your majesty" for you. She's the empress now."

Clayton took her hand and kissed it. "Your father trusted me to help you as an empress, Eurielle. I'll always be there to assist you as your chancellor." He winked.

"Me too! I'll be with you forever, Rielle." Theo hugged her waist tightly.

"I devote my life to you, my empress. I'm all yours." Asterion knelt and kissed her foot.

"What do you mean? Rielle is my empress." Theo argued.

"Dumbass. Eventually Eurielle will have to marry someone and have herself an emperor as a husband one day." Clayton smacked Theo's back.

"Rielle.. are you going to marry?" He had a puppy-like expression. He knew Eurielle was weak to that.

"I don't know, Theo-"

"I know. How about you take me in as your concubine? I've heard that concubines nowadays are more loved and favored than the legitimate partner. You can marry but you have to make me your concubine." Theo suggested whilst wearing a bright expression.

Eurielle never really thought about it that far.

"Rielle. What do you say?" Theo had sparkles in his eye.

"Oh, um.. sure?"

"Good!" He hugged her happily.

Because the moment he becomes her concubine, he'll make sure that Eurielle will never have to marry such man.

.
.
.
2 years later...
.
.
.

Even if the late emperor was murdered because of the last rebellion, the empire was still peaceful as ever.

The empire united with neighboring kingdoms to strengthen forces and life in the capital and countryside were unusually prosperous.

Except for one change.