Chapter 30

"Sorry? I don't seem to understand what your highness is talking about..."

Eurielle doesn't get him.

Is it that hard to understand his intentions after all?

"Euk-"

Gabriel grabbed and cupped her cheeks as she forced her face to look up at him.

"No. Who are you? The Eurielle I know doesn't act like you. You were obsessed with me." He leaned close to her.

Recalling Eurielle's actions, Gabriel noticed that everything about her changed.

Her taste in dresses, her way of speaking, her glances, and most of all, her attitude towards him.

*Slap!*

Gabriel lost hold of Eurielle as he felt his left cheek being slapped.

For the first time in forever, Eurielle slapped him.

She was getting frustrated by his actions.

Every time she encounters him, she is always inflicted with physical pain.

"You-"

"You're being rude, your highness. Is it part of chivalry to grab me just like you did earlier?" Eurielle knitted her brows.

It was the first time that she openly expressed her anger.

"You never slap me. Eurielle doesn't act like you. You're not her. Answer me, who are you?" Gabriel was still stuck with the same question.

Eurielle couldn't believe him.

Nathalia was right. The prince was stuck in an illusion that she still likes him.

If that's the case, then she needs to pull out that illusion herself.

*Slap!*

Eurielle slapped him on the right cheek this time.

Gabriel widened his eyes in surprise as he looked at her. He felt incredulous about her actions.

"The old Eurielle you know is dead. Please realize it yourself and move on. Wake up. Accept the fact that I, the Eurielle you once knew, is no longer obsessed with you and is tired of you. People change, don't you know that? And please stop pestering me already, it's uncouthly." She glared at him.

"What...?"

"And congratulations on your engagement with Lady Abigail. You've always wanted that, right? Seems like the meeting your highness set up with me went in vain. I wasted my time here. Farewell."

"Wait, Lady Eurielle-"

Gabriel grabbed her arm desperately.

*Smack*

Eurielle threw off his hand and glowered at him.

"And please don't touch me with your filthy hands. It's sickening."

With that statement, Eurielle left Gabriel alone in the garden.

*SLAM*

Gabriel touched the cheek that was slapped by Eurielle.

"She slapped me..."

"She said hurtful words.. towards me."

A tide of headache suddenly surged inside his mind and he grabbed his own hair out of pain.

"Euk-"

"Your highness, I brought you flowers."
"This one suits you."
"Your highness looks dashing."
"Your highness!"