Chapter 13

Eurielle finally arrived home.

She never expected that one night would turn her into an engaged woman.. with the prince.

She- no, everyone in the empire knows that the prince has his eyes for someone else yet the emperor is making it hard for him.

On the other hand, Eurielle doesn't actually care about the prince nor the engagement.

Even though she forgot the original flow of the novel, she knows that male leads and heroines will always live happily ever after. Meaning, the prince and Abigail will end up together even though they're engaged.

Eurielle frowned.

It makes her head hurt if she thinks too much.

It was a long night.

Speaking of nights, she suddenly recalled Asterion's abrupt appearance in the banquet.

'I'll see you later tonight, my lady.'

"..."

*Knock* *Knock*

"My lady, I brought tea." Nathalia announced.

"Come in."

Nathalia opened the door while carrying a tray. She placed the tea on the drawer and added honey on Eurielle's tea.

"Thank you. You may leave."

Nathalia bowed and left the room.

*Clack*

As Eurielle sipped on the tea, the headache she had earlier slowly disappeared. It had a calming effect.

She sighed in relief and her eyes were slowly meeting with each other. She then lied on the bed and closed her eyes as she was about to be completely overcome by sleep.

...

*Creak*

While Eurielle is sleeping peacefully, the door produced a creaking sound when the person who's about to enter slowly opened it.

It was a maid. She carefully lightened her footsteps as she walked towards the bed so no one would hear it.

She took something out of her pocket- a dagger.

*Gulp*

She opened the hilt and pointed the blade on Eurielle's neck.

"Who are you?"

Before the maid could continue what she was about to do, a cold voice from behind suddenly uttered.

"AHHmph-!"

Asterion covered her mouth. "Shh. You'll wake our lady." Asterion whispered, afraid that she'll disturb Eurielle.

"Mmph hmp!!"

The maid was starting to annoy him.

He put a barrier around Eurielle's bed first. That way, Eurielle won't hear a sound before her sleepwalking starts.

Asterion observed Eurielle these past few days and the time of her sleepwalk is always around midnight.

Earlier,

Right after she finished dancing with Eurielle in the banquet, he went to the tower and took care of some matters first.

After he sorted out everything, he teleported straight to where Eurielle was.

But he never expected that he'll encounter a measly maid pointing a blade towards his savior.

"Shut the f'ck up will you?"

*SLAP!*

He hardly slapped the struggling maid and she fell to the floor. Asterion put restraining magic on the maid's hands and feet.

Asterion took a chair and sat on it. He stomp on the maid's body right below him and asked,

"Now tell me. Who sent you?"

The maid refused to reply.

"Not talking huh. Fine. I have millions of ways to make you talk after all."

With a snap of his finger, the maid suddenly started gasping for air.

Asterion was choking her invisibly.

"I- I'LL TALK! HELP!" The maid begged.

"Oh? Didn't you refuse to talk earlier? Fine, I won't let you talk." He gripped the maid's neck tighter.

"EUGHK- AHCK--"

The maid scratched her neck and her mouth was drooling with saliva.

"Filthy." Asterion scoffed.

"*Gasp!* *Cough* *Cough* Euk-" The maid coughed after Asterion finally released her.

"Now talk."

"It's not me! Someone just ordered me to do this! I don't even know who it was but it was a woman.. Either way, that woman also deserve to die!" She pointed at Eurielle.

"??" Asterion cocked a brow.

"She always hurt me in the past and I could never forgive her for doing those things to me. Eurielle Deidamus has always been wicked and violent. NO ONE WILL CARE EVEN IF SHE DIES!" The maid explained, hoping that Asterion would at least consider her pleas.

"Mhm.." Eurielle whined in her sleep.

Asterion who noticed this felt a bit alarmed. He cast his sight to the maid in front if him and glared.

"It was useless making you talk."

"W-Wha-"

*Slash*

*Spat*

After Asterion separated the head from the body, blood spattered on his face.

He looked at the mess in front of him like it was a measly dust.

Sooner or later, he'll find out who's behind this.

"John." Asterion mumbled.

Without wasting any second, his assistant appeared in a flash.

"Yes, young master."

"Clean that mess. We don't want the room to smell like blood. Just leave the head behind."

"Understood."

Per Asterion's command, John neatly disposed the body as well as cleaning the blood on the floor. After that, John returned to the tower.

The floor was already clean and the maid's head was the only thing that remained there.

Asterion just remained sitting whilst waiting for Eurielle's sleepwalk to begin.

*Rustle*

The sound of setting the blanket aside was heard.

Eurielle got up from her bed and started walking again. She slowly walked towards the door and opened it, like she was awake.

In the hallways, she was walking barefooted and her eyes were slightly open while carrying silence with her.

As usual, Asterion just followed her from behind.

He was always curious about this matter concerning Eurielle. He wants to know what made her like this and what made her change.

He regarded her as his savior and he.. wants to help her overcome her nightmare or whatever that's making her like this.

Eurielle stopped her walk and she just stood in front of the rose bushes.

The garden was always her stopping point. She was staring at them with no life.

Asterion walked towards her carried her in a bridal style.

Eurielle went directly to sleep after he did this.

He gave her a light kiss on the forehead mumbled,

"I'll kill whoever hurts you."