Chapter 14

Two days after the palace's banquet, Eurielle received hoards of letters coming from different households.

Some were invitation for tea and others merely gave her gifts and letters just to make them look good in front of her. They wanted to approach her now that they know that she's engaged with the crown prince.

This news hasn't reached of the Grand Duke's ears yet.

The emperor was cunning. He wanted to tie the empire's hero's daughter to a royalty so that the Grand Duke would remain bounded to him for his service. He knew that nobles under him couldn't refuse an imperial edict or else it would be treason.

Another reason would be is that, the emperor was afraid of the Grand Duke at the same time.

The Grand Duke's standing was actually a few pars on the emperor's position. If he were to start a rebellion, the emperor won't stand a chance at Eurielle's father.

But he was confident in one thing.

It was Eurielle.

He knew that she was chasing the prince and surely the Grand Duke wouldn't be the thing that would block his daughter's happiness. Based on his observation, George Deidamus actually cared for his daughter even though they hadn't seen each other for years.

The Grand Duke looks out for his daughter and the emperor was sure that he'll consent to this matter even though he didn't discuss it with him.

The emperor used Eurielle as the way to cut the possibilities of a future rebellion. This way, he won't see his father as an enemy or competition.

But there was one thing that he overlooked. Of course, it was Eurielle as well.

The fact that Eurielle doesn't care about the prince anymore-- the emperor doesn't know about it.

"...."

Eurielle stared at the gifts that were stacked just in front of her bed. There were flowers, wrapped presents, and letters gathered like a mountain of bush.

*Knock* *Knock*

"My lady, you have a visitor." Nathalia announced as she walked inside her room.

"Who is it?"

"It's Lady Brianna Nguyen."

"Lady Nguyen?... Who is that? Why does she want to see me?"

"The one who sent you a letter and you ordered me to burn it. It seems like she wanted to know why you didn't attend the party and accept her invitation."

"Oh.. I forgot. Help me get dressed?" Eurielle tilted her head innocently.

"Right away."

As days passed by, she became dependent on Nathalia. Nathalia was someone she could rely and trust on since she was her and the original Eurielle's closest aide.

From the very first time Eurielle arrived in this world, Nathalia was the first person she met and interacted with. Eurielle asked who she was and Nathalia just replied calmly with a collective attitude.

Eurielle sees her as a friend.

Though, there were also times that she wondered why Nathalia never doubted her in the first place.

Nathalia was like a mysterious puzzle piece. But it doesn't matter.

"You're all set, my lady."

"Thank you."

Eurielle wore a pastel green dress that felt light and comfortable. It was one of the customized dresses that she ordered from Matilda's Boutique and it was simply beautiful.

She went out of her room and walked towards the receiving area.

"Lady Eurielle!" Brianna Nguyen brightened as she saw Eurielle walking towards her.

"Greetings, Lady Nguyen."

Brianna held Eurielle's hands tightly. "I've been waiting for you to show up at the party. Why didn't you attend?" Her eyes held desperation.

"My apologies if I hadn't sent you a letter but I wasn't feeling well at that time."

"I see, but it's never too late to attend one." Brianna smiled.

"I actually came here to personally invite you to another tea party." She added as she handed Eurielle an invitation. "Please come to my estate tomorrow afternoon."

"...."

"Lady Eurielle?" Brianna dropped a sweat from Eurielle's silence.

"Alright."

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" She abruptly hugged Eurielle from excitement.

"...."

"I'll get going first, Lady Eurielle. See you tomorrow." She curtsied.

"Hm."

Brianna took counted steps as she walked away from Eurielle.

But the moment she turned back, Brianna's face was pasted with a grin that was filled with a mischievous plan.