Chapter 12

[A/N: An update for my dear fishes (⌐■-■)/🐟🐟🐟]
______________

"!!!"

Loud gasps filled the area out of surprise from the emperor's announcement.

Everyone's faces were shocked except Eurielle's. Eurielle's face was more of confused than shocked.

'What's an engagement?' She thought.

In her entire life, she never encountered the word engagement. She doesn't know what it is.

"Pft-"

Eurielle heard Clayton laughing for a moment. But when she looked at him, his face was serious and straight.

"???"

"??"

"I have something to ask." Eurielle whispered. "What's an engagement?"

"A chain of marriage." Clayton responded.

Eurielle still doesn't get it.

"It means that you and the crown prince are betrothed. The two of you are going to get married soon per the emperor's order."

"Oh."

"Your Majesty!" Gabriel's angry voice echoed around the place.

He couldn't believe that his father engaged him to someone like Eurielle.

He doesn't even like her to begin with. He only wants one woman to be with him and that is Abigail.

"What's the meaning of this?!" The prince roared.

All the people started gossiping. They were really shocked from the emperor's announcement.

"Then what will happen to Lady Brown?"

"Does that mean Lady Eurielle will become the future crown princess?"

"Doesn't the prince love Lady Brown?"

The emperor noticed the noble's confused reactions. Even Abigail's face was in dilemma.

"Don't forget who you're talking to, prince. This engagement is already set and it will remain that way til I die." The emperor's decision was firm.

"Please, your majesty. Think about it. Did Grand Duke Deidamus consent to this engagement? You didn't even ask for my consent! And I would never consent to something like this in the first place." Gabriel looked at Eurielle.

"??" Eurielle tilted her head.

"And I don't even love Eurielle! My heart belongs to Abigail and she will always be the woman I'll choose."

"Your highness!" Abigail hugged the crown prince.

Eurielle could see Abigail's face tearing up whilst blushing.

"Let's go, Abigail." He took her hand and left the area together with her.

Though she was crying, Abigail's lips mysteriously crept upwards as she locked gazes with Eurielle.

'Is this what it feels like watching a movie?'

"Pft- ha!"

Once again, Eurielle heard Clayton laughing. And this time, she caught him on the act.

She wondered what's so funny that it made him laugh.

"Ahh, this is really amusing. Had I known it was this fun I would've come here earlier." Clayton mumbled.

He looked at Eurielle and her face was serene and calm. It's like she doesn't care about what's going on right now.

Honestly, Eurielle doesn't care. Right now, the only thing she wants to do is go home and take a rest.