Chapter 3 - Mommy's Love

Deidra POV

..."praise the lord, i see the light, praise the lord, i see the light" mi affi go change diss yah alarm yah to rasta cup.

Then this yah alarm nuh would kill anybody inna dem sleep. Mi just nuff!

Reaching for the phone on the bed side table and turning off the annoying alarm, I then closed my eyes and said a few words of prayer. Got of the bed and went straight to the mirror to look at myself and repeated my affirmation " I am stronger than I was yesterday" . I repeated it two more times.

I Went to the bathroom to do my morning routine. Then spread my bed and just lie right back in it. I felt so exhausted. Last night was too much for me. I haven't even heard from Shan, I'm wondering if she's already up.

Picked up my phone immediately to text her. "Yuh dead or yuh alive" she immediately responded " Mi alive but mi feel dead" this girl always has some quick comebacks.

I walked out to the kitchen area and almost had a heart attack. Look how my mother could have kill me. And I don't even have nuh children yet.

She turn and look on me from head to toe and said "Mi think yuh neva did ago wake likkle most mi think yuh dead, cause not even log nuh stiff suh" mi couldn't even say nothing to har, cause mi heart still did a beat like it bout fi jump out a mi chest.

I walked to the kitchen area and sat at the counter area awaiting her undivided attention. Our eyes made four. "Good morning mother"

"Good morning Deidra"

"So mommy yuh couldn't call me?" she stopped what she was doing and looked at me real good and said " So yuh mean fi tell mi say, yuh party out all a yuh memory?"

"Mother!" I sighed really loud

"Deidra, today a Sunday and I want to have a peaceful day, thank God I didn't bother to bring your father"

I sat there feeling embarrassed, because this was our arrangement every other Sunday. They would come and visit for their peace of mind and I totally forget they would be here. I was there just playing with my fingers when I looked up I saw her looking at me.

"Mommy, I'm sorry, I should have known better"

"It's just that I have been going through a rough patch and my friend Shan took me out just to enjoy myself and I completely forgot that you would be here" she kept on eyeing me and making me feel nervous for what reason I don't know. Then I heard her sighed, then said " What's the matter baby, you know you can talk to me"

Then out of nowhere....one floodgate a tear appeared. Then I realized I have been holding in this for how many months without anyone knowing how I truly feel. Mommy came around the counter and hugged me and I cried on her shoulders. I don't know how long we stayed there, but it felt like forever.

I proceeded to tell her my current relationship status, which came as a shock to her. Because she too was fooled by this person. A him Gaza Kim did sing bout " Amen, mi get di bwoy outta mi life"

So I continue to tell mommy how I have been so stressed the last couple of months before and after our breakup.

But I did assure her that I was still intact. To this she broke down and cried. Then we prayed together.

I felt comforted in her arms as if I was stronger to take on anything. She dried my tears and kissed me on my forehead and assured me that all will be well in due time as time heals all wounds.

Sunday dinner is the best. Especially when mommy prepares it. I'm just glad I didn't have to cook today, because honestly I just feel lazy.

And a you say yuh waan husband...my subconscious clearly reminding me

Well, until then.....mi a gwaan live.

Shan called around three times pestering me to go with her to some brunch. But I had to hold out on her, because if I'm not strong enough, she will get her way with me at all times. Plus, my mommy is here, I'm not blowing her off for nobody.

She ended up settling with me owing her after work drinks on Wednesday. This girl doesn't stop.

She reminds me of ChineyK from the social house! Woman persistent nuh rasta jah.

I left my mom in the kitchen and went to my room just to lay down for a few minutes. I was there on my phone when a notification came through that Shan posted a picture. I clicked on it to view it and she was indeed at the brunch.

She looked beautiful as always. I like her picture and I went on to read the comments. These comments had me cracking up. And no surprise there, most of them were from men. I accidentally clicked on the likes, which showed all who liked her pictures.

She had about 3000 likes already! Damn, she just posted this picture. So I was there like a headless chicken again, with nothing to do and looking at all who had liked her picture. As I was about to click off, a certain picture caught my eyes.

And I, who just had to be nosey, clicked on the person's profile only to see it was the guy from the club the other night. In all of my panicking, my hand liked his picture.

Yuh see weh mi a talk bout....just my bad luck!

I was so shocked I almost choked on my own saliva. The things that happen to me I'm surprised I'm still alive. But what tipped the scale is that when I looked on my phone I saw a friend request came in from him. I immediately start to freak out because I don't want to be sending the wrong message.

I did not accept the friend request, I just left it there. I got up from my room and went into the living area with my mom and tried to forget about what just happened. She immediately sensed my distress and tried to comfort me. But in doing so, she was also trying to pry and I really didn't want to talk about it.

She eventually gave up and just sat with me in silence. After a couple hours of watching netflix we realize that it's getting dark outside. Looked on the time on the television and it was 6pm.

Mommy called her driver and he was here within 20 minutes. I packaged the food items in a bag for my dad. Mommy turned and hugged me like her life depended on it and said "Whatever is bothering you, just pray about it"

I shooked my head and led her outside of the house down to the car to see her off. I hugged her one more time and kissed her cheek and told her " call me as soon as you get in" she went inside the car and I closed the door.

I watched as the car descended from my apartment complex onto the road. I went back to my apartment and as i closed my door I slid down the door and just broke down in tears once more.

NOTE TO READER -

Let me know what you guys think will happen to Deidra next! Will she remain strong or will she faulter to the mystery guy?

Comment and let me know what you think!