Chapter 34 - Journey

Deidra POV

Oh my God! “wah more mi muss do? I said out loud

This damn dress won’t pass my hips.

Cho! Just my day. Now it seems like mi affi go buy something to wear.

This was what I was running from…..it seems like my hips just grow overnight.

This is crazy! 

I mean sexy crazy………….cause girl hips dem wide and a gimmi more curves dan weh mi bargin fah

“Hahaha” I couldn't stop laughing as I thought that out loud.

My hands immediately went to my stomach and started rubbing it and doing the belly dance in front of the mirror.

Then a thought came to my mind - - -shocking me

I have not told my parents yet.

What would they think? I haven’t seen or spoken to them in a while. I had told her about three weeks ago that work got me on lockdown.

Only if she knows - - the type of lockdown I'm talking about.

I mean I did text her every now and then, to let her know I was ok.

Immediately dialing her number from my phone - - waiting for her to pick up

Phone conversation 

“I thought you forgot about me”

“Mommy, why do you say that?”

“Because it's been weeks now i don't hear from you, likkle most me come up a yuh house cause mi think something happen to yuh”

“ i told you couple weeks ago that - - - I have been busy with work and I was going through some things”

“Yes, Deidra Mcpherson!”

“But that nuh mean yuh nuh suppose to call yuh madda” sighing on the other end of the line, as she just won’t understand. I could only manage to say.

“Ok mommy, i will try and do better”

“Soooo , what have you been up to lately?

Pregnant….my subconscious screamed at me

Nothing much, i wanted to come and visit next weekend - - - so we can talk about somethings”

“So wah bout this Saturday?” shaking my head not realizing she cannot see me.

“Weh yuh say Deidra?  

“No mommy, i can’t make it this Saturday, i have other engagements”

“Oh” I know that ‘Oh’ she wanted to ask other questions, but she didn't want to pry in my life.

“I want us to talk about something - - - when i visit” i said to her

“Why we caan talk now, since mi nah see yuh until all the way of next week” i sighed on the other end of the line.

“It’s not life and death” i said to her

Really! A who tell yuh dat

“Soooo, if i was to tell yuh that i did something i shouldn’t have done, what would you say” i asked her

“Pickney, a weh yuh could a do so?’ 

“ yuh damage sumadi?’

“No”