Chapter 28 - Bloody

Violent scene ahead

Deidra POV 

Damion has been on the road all day. I haven’t been feeling well.

Throwing up and all.

The week stress has caught up to me - - - i have been feeling some pains in my back.

Damn, feels like it's splitting in two.

I was lying in bed - - - when I realised I haven’t spoken to my best friend in over a week.

I haven't told her that I am pregnant.

Because all the dilemma - - - and back and forth with Damion - - and I for one just like to keep my life mishaps to myself until I sort them out.

I know how she is - - - she’s gonna be livid about my situation.

I decided to text her first - - - just to ease this information on her.

Bestfriend Chat

Me:     Hey babe, what are you doing?  Waiting for Shan’s response. Chances are, she’s gonna cuss out mi rass. 

Shan:    So yuh finally decide fi text me? 

Me:        Girl, I have been really busy and stressed out.  

Shan:    Mmmm…...

Me:        So what dat supposed to mean miss? I waited for her response.

Shan:    Don’t sweat it - - - i knew something was up, from we had that talk from that last time and you never reached back out. I’m your friend - - you should confide in my Deidra.

Me:        Yeah, you’re right. I’m sorry Shan - - can I call you? 

Shan:    sure.

end of texting...

Immediately, I called her and she picked up on the second ring. 

“Hey”, I said - - -  she decided not to say anything at first. So I just continued to speak.

“I know that you are upset with me for not reaching out to you - - but so much has happened within the last two weeks - - it’s like I wasn't in control of my life,” I explained.

“I just had to take a breather which means - - just shutting down and out everyone.

“You don’t get to do that deidra”, she said

“We promised to tell each other everything - - to be there in the most vulnerable and most embarrassing times”. She says

“I was worried for you - - but I knew you must have a good reason why you haven’t called - -  so what is it?”

“I’m pregnant”, i said to her - - -  she didn’t respond sametime

“Yuh would a muss breed to way how unu did a fuck dung di place - - wid out protection” she said - - - i couldn’t hold it in - -  mi juss buss out a big dutty laugh, only shan can make a serious situation into a joke.

“Why yuh stay so gurl, yuh just disgusting!” i said to her

“So weh di big buddy bwoy deh”? she laughed asking me.

“He’s not here, he went to run some errands” 

“So he’s staying over now”?

“Not really……..we just had something to discuss last night - - we weren’t on talking terms for about a week, so…..”