Chapter 18 - Oh baby!

Deidra POV

Even though I was a nervous wreck while heading to my appointment. I was really scared of facing the inevitable.

god know a dem things yah happen to people weh ride wid out protection.

Sitting in this midday traffic in New Kingston is no joke. Like people really out in the masses dem time a day yah!. All this hot sun - - - and traffic really mek yuh get hungry enuh.

Might as well mi stop and get ma self a burger yah man.

The traffic slowly started to move - - -and i just decided that i'm not gonna starve myself and as the light turned green, i switched to the filter lane, cutting another driver off.

Di driver start cuss some claat off a mi thru him window.

"Sorry I yelled!" speeding down the road laughing. I was literally in tears as I have never done anything like that before.

Yuh see weh food can cause.

Upon entering the drive thru of burger king, there was a long line. I looked at my phone for the time - - and saw that I had time to spare before my appointment.

Strumming my fingers on the steerings to the beat of the music that was blazing from the radio station, had me in a good mood.

After about twenty minute in the drive thru - - -i made my way to order - - getting a 'go large' with my usual chicken sandwich with extra cheese.

*******
Arriving at my doctor's office with just five minutes to spare as I really had to have this burger before anything else.

As I reached the door I felt the urge to pee.... This can't be happening now!

Mi not even see di doctor yet

A one time me ago pee enuh - - mi a whole diss, i said to myself

Informing the receptionist that I was here for my 12:45pm appointment, she gave me some forms to fill out in the waiting area. As I sat filling out the forms - - my mind drifted to Damion, wondering what would be his response if I was indeed pregnant.

....another thought played into my mind, if i would tell him right away, being that we never really said what we were - - and as of right now, i don't even know where we stand.

I was silently praying that this test would come back negative.

After about five minutes, I heard my name "Deidra" my gynecologist called.

Hey Mrs. Palmer, how have you been?" "good" she responded, "but not so much you? She said, raising her eyebrow at me.

"Well, we are going to see today," I mumbled.

We went inside the office and got talking, assessing my history based on my chart. Mrs. Palmer knows my history of abnormal periods and the whole works.

She asked when was the last time I saw my period - - - and I told her. She was asking the basic questions - - - if my body felt any different, if I had any cravings, or sickness.

Honestly i had none - - - i just only felt sick a day ago because i was so stressed and overwhelmed with work, but nothing out of the ordinary.

She then gave me a small container to pass urine into so she could get a sample to confirm if I was indeed pregnant.

She also took some blood samples as I requested.

*********
After about another half hour - - - there waiting for this result which seemed to take forever.