Chapter 33 - Embrace for Impact

Deidra POV

I was all snuggled up in bed when Damion walked in and came over to the bed and kissed my lips.

“How are you feeling?”, he asked

“I’m feeling much better than yesterday”, I replied while fumbling with the comforter.

I wanted to get this conversation out of the way

“Umm D, did your father call you?” I asked him, He whipped his head around and looked at me in surprise.

“Yes, why?” he asked, “Is something wrong?” he asked while removing his jacket and tie.

“Nah, i-its just that i- i w-well……never mind”

‘Dee, tell me what it is”, he said

“Did he say anything to you today?” his tone got serious and he squinted his eyes at me.

“No, should he have?”

“It’s not anything bad, well I don’t think it’s bad”, i said to him

“Then tell me what is then”, he said

“Well, h-he called me today”, i said to him - -shocked was an understatement as he wasnt expecting that.

“What did he say?” he asked

“He invited me to the gathering Saturday” i said

“Nope, that’s not happening” i immediately got defensive.

“Why can't I go with you? I asked

“Are you hearing yourself?” This gathering will have alot of our family members and some business partners.

“Well yeah, you had said before that no one knows of whatever arrangement that your father has with you and the family friend, right?”

With a saddened voice I asked what I really wanted to know, “will that person be there?”

“No, she won’t”

“Oh”  

“But I still don’t think it’s a good idea for you to come with me,” I said to her.

"Would it be that bad? I could bring Shan along," asking hopefully,

"Isn’t Sean going to be there? We could all be there together.”

“I don’t know why you're so persistent in going - - as if yuh ago dead if mi nuh carry yuh”

“And I don’t know why you still intend as if you are hiding me, '' I said a little bit too loud.

“Mi nah go do diss wid yuh Dee”

“Yes we are going to do this” i shouted at him.

Shit!

“Look I had a very long day today, I don't expect to come home and not be able to have a peace of mind,” he said to me with a hard glare.

“It’s not like I asked to come to the gathering - - - i was asked to come the gathering and I thought you would have given me that assurance that I could come along”, i said to him

“Dee, yuh hear yuhself - - -yuh sure this pregnancy nah confuse yuh?”

“Do you think he invited you because he wanted to be friends?

When he said that - - - that hurted my feelings very much as the reality really dawned on me that his father or even his family may never accept me.