Chapter 6 - Boss

Damion POV

Clearly she has lost her damn mind to think that she can speak to me in such a way. I’m not one to use that tone with her, but I had to take a stance. 

“Since you think that being disrespectful is the way to go, why don’t I put you out of your misery?” she said nothing on the other end. So I continued what I had to say.

“Since you are in such of dire need to see me, it’s settled then Friday at 6pm”

“Meet me at AC Hotel” I gave her no chance to say anything “And don’t keep me waiting” with that I just hung up on her.

She was gonna do it anyway….

That will teach her

What if she doesn’t show? 

…… She will, curiosity kills the cats.

For the remainder of it I looked at business proposals, signing contracts and responding to a ton of emails.

My family empire was built solely on using the iron fist…..Whatever that means.

I’m not naive to the criminal enterprise that my family has built. Oh, I am well aware, because I own and manage most of the legal businesses that we have. But still at random has to oversee every now and then the illegal entities.

My father demands….

At just the age of 27, I'm well known by both local and international players. Both in the legal and illegal business. My father ensured that I was sold.

This wasn’t thelife i had wanted for myself, but sometimes you just gotta roll the dice and make it work. At age 14, it became clear to me that my hopes of becoming an engineer will be put on the back burner. So, I bit the bullet and went head on in to ensure that my family empire grew to where it is now.

A bachelor's degree in Business Mgmt, Construction and Masters in International banking & finance later, here I am. Very prestigious schools I must add.

Only a few people know that I'm related to Dudus Coke and I would very much like to keep it that way.

Wonder if she knows…..

Let’s try to keep it that way for now…..cause wherever I go trouble always seems to find me. I laughed to myself. Ain't that the truth.

All the legal businesses were in high demand and profits had skyrocketed. Which lets us live the luxury lifestyle that we can afford to. And it didn't help to know that I had the brain to let everything work like magic. 

Getting all these degrees were not a bad idea after all

My father will be retiring within 2 years, however he wants to ensure that that family foundation is locked solid. As a result, I have a brewing problem on my hand. He wants marriage to the Matalon eldest daughter to secure this.

Those fuckers are filty rich, i always wonder where the fuck they got their riches from.

But money is not my problem, i just don't want to marry someone because of business

Unless it's her….

I pushed the thought to the back of my mind. And tried to focus on what I had to do, which was too much at the moment. Making my way to my desk as I sat down, an email caught my eyes.

Hmm……

Big fish…. The contract bidding that I have been waiting on for the past two weeks, finally came through.

Even though we are one of the top construction companies in Jamaica and the Caribbean on a hold, we sometimes get a lot of competitions. Especially from McIntosh Constructions, which is second to us in size and capabilities.

My dad was saying in times like these I should use my power and influence that I have, to get past these hurdles so people dont take me lightly.

But I wanted to prove to him that I could get it done without doing it the illegal way. Furthermore, this is one of my most prized possessions that I have built from scratch up the legal way.

If I got help because of my name, it wasn't much….because i worked hard day and night to bring it to what it is now.

Then again, mi a di boss…..

Things have to go my way.

After this good news….i was in good spirits. I made a mental note to call my father to give him the good news.

Three hours in….it was now at 3 as I glanced at my watch. I probably should get something to eat now as I decided that I will be leaving the office late to get out some of this work that seems to have started piling up.

My assistant is out on a two day emergency leave…...so in the meantime I got to get shit done.

He has been with me for the past 6 years, he knows the ins and outs of the business and what is required of him.

He gets shit done…… 

That’s why he’s being paid a hefty sum to do his work.

…...I cracked my neck as it started to get a little stiff, damn now I see why I pay my assistant this shit load of money.

Cause damn…….

Di wuk nuff yuh fuck!

I took a little break from the paperwork and poured myself some liquor to help ease this tension. But instead my mind drifted to that doe eyes barbie doll face. I shake my head of the image

And laugh to myself…...a weh yuh a do to mi my girl?

I flip out my my phone and check to see if I had received any messages

Yuh just a look excuse……

None that is of importance at the moment. I immediately called my father to let him know all is well with the construction deal. To this, he was more than happy. He then changed the topic, one to which I was dredging at the moment.

It was just not a good time to talk about this and he is a persistent likkle fucker.

Reminds me of someone…..

I ended up cutting our conversation short and told him we will finish once I come over to the house Sunday. I was starting to get a migraine from just listening to him going on and on about the greater good and the bigger picture.

At last I was able to complete 90% of the work that I had set out to do today. It was now 9pm and I was getting ready to leave the office.

With one thought on my mind, if Deidra was ok.