Chapter 24 - Affairs of the heart

Mature scene ahead

Deidra POV

I was in bed trying to fall asleep and I couldn't - - - because my brain was working overtime. It has been over three hours since the dreadful conversation with damion.

He hasn't come to the room once. I know he's still here, because I hear him several times on his phone talking to clients.

I also overheard his heated conversation with his father - - and all the threats that were being made back and forth.

I did not like that I was the cause of this - - it made me sad!

I wrapped my arms around my stomach turning my back to the door as I felt more comfortable in this position.

It was almost 10 o'clock when I heard the bedroom door open. I did not turn to look.

I saw his shadowy figure go into the closet rummaging through some things - he was there also cursing.

He then went into the bathroom and he was in there for a good ten minutes - - -i was tempted to go inside to see what he was doing.

After that, i heard his phone rang and i heard the loud expletive.

"Fuck!"

"A wah di fuck diss now?!"

'Hello'

'I told you I was busy and I will get back to you.'

'Please don't start this tonight'

'Yes, i will make myself available' 'Ok'

There was a long pause - - - then i heard the tap water running.

Seems as if he was washing his hands. Even though I could only hear a one sided conversation, I definitely knew who was on the other end of the line.

He came out from the bathroom and I felt his presence staring at me. I heard his footsteps coming closer to the bed. He was at the foot of the bed just staring at me - - as I could hear his breathing.

I just could not hold it any longer - - - i said

'Couldn't you have taken that call on the outside?'

"I'm already hurting to know you have a whole fiance', but to hear you on the phone with the person is a next level of hurt damion" i said

He came to the bedside holding my face - - and trying to whisper sweet words to me - - it wasn't going to work this time.

I just could not get past this. It's as if all of this was for nothing and there's nothing we could do about it.

"D, mi ago fix this - - -mi nah let yuh go" he said.

"And mi nah guh stay inna diss yah triangle", i said to him

After a nuh maths class diss

"D, yuh already fidget wah yuh promise me - - say yuh will always be by my side nuh matta wah" he said reminding me of my words to him exactly two weeks ago on this same bed.

"that 's not fair Damion - - - because i need you to fight for me the same as well" i said to him.

"I will baby, I will........it's just gonna take some time" he said softly.

I so wanted to believe him - - - but this is not what i want for myself and i will not be a third wheel.

He kissed me softly on my lips - - and my body reacted to him as if it knew its calling.

His kiss gave me a sense of reassurance that he will try to get things fixed - - but that's my brain trying to wire the outcome in my favour.

Which i know will never happen.