Chapter 37 - Devil from Hell

Deidra POV

One week later

I couldn’t sleep….i toss and turn all night.

It’s as if some unknown force was tormenting me.

I was feeling cramps through the night - - -I googled all night to see if it’s a sign of something happening, but I read where the cramps can be common.

However, if the pain got serious, I might need a doctor.

The pain was not bad - - - it was just on and off 

And it kept me up the majority of the night.

Fuck my life!

I promised mommy that i would come by, i will just surprise her with a church visit.

I just have to get myself together

Ain't no reason i should cry over spilt milk.

I got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to get myself ready. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 8:30am already, church started at 10am, so I had enough time to get ready.

As i got out of the shower i heard my phone buzzing 

I walked over to the floating mirror looking at myself….i was a mess

I looked down on the buzzing phone and saw - - -damion’s name flashing across it.

A weh mi do inna life fadda God?

Him need fi leave mi alone - - - ignoring the call - - i started to get myself ready.

I wasn’t feeling a hundred percent, but spending some time with my mama is what I currently needed.

It was 9:15am when I was fully ready.

Got my things and left my apartment.

When I reached mommy’s house I saw her come out on her verandah to see who was driving into her yard.

I guess she was surprised to see me, cause she had that big smile on her face telling me she was glad that I am here.

When I parked and shut off the engine, I heard her say, “Hussy come look yah! look who finally decided fi show har face?”

I shook my head to her antics and got out of the car.

“Morning mommy” I said, kissing her on the cheek,she gave me a big squeeze as if she didn't want to let me go as if I would disappear.

“How’s my grandbaby doing so far?” she said, rubbing my belly and not even giving a damn about me. I looked at her in disbelief……like wah happen to me.

She looked up at me and say “A wah?”  and I replied “your grandbaby is fine so far”

Her response was “a dat mi waan hear” she walked off dragging my hand saying

“Come mi mek yuh favorite, hominy corn porridge with fry dumplin, callaloo and saltfish” 

“It's like me know say yuh did ago come” she said laughing, the sametime i heard my belly growl and felt a little kick. Looks like my baby was also glad about eating some real Jamaican food like myself.

I rubbed my belly and said, “ok mama going to feed you some good food now.”

I don’t know how long i was gazing out the window for, only to hear when my mother say

“Yuh lost inna space man, a nuh just now mi a call yuh name enuh”

I chuckle at her, “no man mi just deh think bout sumpt”