Chapter 42 - Insight

Omniscient POV

What seemed like a normal day, was way beyond that.

Not known to these young lovers that they are being watched.

Just because Damion's father thinks he knows his son's weakness and decides that he will use this against him.

But what he fails to understand is that Damion is more quick witted than him. He thinks that he is a step ahead of damion to demolish any plan that he has.

But Damion is ten steps ahead of him.

Andrew is not thinking of the repercussions that will follow if he himself allows for his son to follow through on this arranged marriage.

More power

More wealth

And social status is what Andrew is craving, but unlike his son, he just wants to live a low key life and run his business with his love, eventually.

Not that Andrew needed it, but he comes from a family line of powerful people and he wants to be incharge.

Playing second to his brother Dudus Coke was never his intention. So he thinks that aligning himself with the Matalons who have that "old money" will align things for him.

But he needs Damions hands on deck with his plan to go through.

But is it really a solid plan though?

Andrew was sometimes never a man to think through all the pieces on the board before making a move.

Yes, he is ruthless and it has been his way of securing deals and building their wealth and status over the years.

But he has gotten older over the years and not much wiser in doing a lot of things.

The daughter in law that he so desires whether it really be for business or something else.

We will just have to wait and see.

Damion was a man of intuition and he has been having this feeling about this arranged marriage.

His gut feeling not forcing him to bend to his father will. Other times, it would be a two day fight and they would make up.

But this left a sour taste in his mouth and that's saying a lot about what lies ahead.

He had his way of finding things out, he had sketchy details of things, but nothing concrete.

His only priority right now is deidra's and his unborn child's safe keeping.

Because what he's about to do will have all heads rolling.

Things might be in Andrews favour.....

It maynot, who knows

Then again, Andrew is kinda sick in the head, so we can look out for anything.

Though things have changed throughout the years, he has not changed how he has done things.

And ultimately that may be his downfall.

Okay besties. This was just a filler chapter to give you an insight into what is brewing and the thinking of what may or maynot happen🤭🤭🤭 anyways see you tonight for two chapter updates. I am back in my groove again🤩🤩