Chapter 8 - Conversations

Damion POV

2 weeks later

I was due for a visit with my father that I have been putting off for so long. As I open the large door to the mansion I am greeted by the beautiful entrance with the double staircase....

Just like a scene from a movie....my parents are so dramatic

I waltz into the living area where I saw my mom doing her mid day reading. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and went straight to find my father.

Let's just get this out of the way

"Are you a fucking pussy?"..... Those were the first words that greeted me upon entering his study.

...."Father, what's the meaning of all this?"

He then threw all the pictures across his desk of me and deidra.

dis look like di whole vogue catalogue di man take.....

"Mi nuh understand yuh enuh damion,"

"Mi simply ask yuh fi watch yuhself and diss a di shit yuh a do?" swinging his hands all over indicating a response.

"Being friends with a nice female....is that a problem now?" i asked with a smirk, he looked at me as if he wanted draw his fucking gun.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did.

"Dad, we already spoke about this.....you don't have anything to worry about."

"Not, when it seems like you are giving false hope to this girl" he took his scotch in his hand and kept swerling it before taking a big gulp.

I can't believe I'm here having this conversation

I walked over to the floor to ceiling window overlooking the garden and tried not to get pissed off by his behaviour.

him caan stop wah gwaan.....

Listen to me carefully, I will oblige this fiasco that you have going on with Deidra, but make no mistake, you will have the business marriage with Stephanie when the time comes.

"That's not up for debate!"

But diss man swear think a some likkle bwoy him a talk to.....

Mi affi look pan him good good good......"Andrew! Nuh bloodclaat force mi hand" when mi fadda hear mi call him by his name, he knows all laughing done wid.

"The deal wid yuh situation"......."and nuh mek it distract yuh from objective"

Fuck!

This man just won't give up.......

"At the end of the day....family and the business is first" putting his scotch glass on his desk, he walked over to the couch.

"How's business?" emphasising on 'business' so I knew what he was talking about.

"It's all good......nothing to worry about" He is no longer actively doing any form of business, but he still keeps tabs on what is going on.

Throughout our entire conversation my mind kept running on deidra........

Couldn't keep focus at all....and just like that a message came in on my phone.

Pulled my phone from my pocket to check who it was from....seeing who it was brought a smile to my face.

"Hey friend...haven't seen you in a while" typing out a quick response to her

"Been busy.......caan catch a break" immediately I received a response as if she had sent this before i responded