Chaprer 7 - The meet up

Deidra POV

Thank God it's friday......i can't wait for this day to be over with and done.

Are you forgetting something? Hmm.....What?

Your meeting with such person....

Geesas why yuh remind me. Mi have a good mind nuh show up.

But then again, mi love mi life....and not knowing what he is truly capable of, I will oblige him.

Like yuh have a choice...

As I get myself together I try not to think about the day that I have ahead of me. Like I just want it to be over already.

I got myself my hot cocoa from the counter and made my way out of my apartment towards the elevator. Hitting the basement button and proceeded to where my van was parked.

As usual, the damn Mark X parked up right in front of the elevator. These people think they are the only ones that live in the building, hissing my teeth and opening the van door to get in.

Drove off to make my way to work with only one thing on my mind.

Di people dem man....

What the hell! No, to stay alive.

I pulled up to the office within 20 minutes. No traffic, the street looked like everyone was still on holiday break.

Greeted the security and went straight up to the office. after buzzing myself in, i went straight into my office.

Seems like we are back to a regular day as I am once again the first and only person in the office. I like coming to work early. I get a lot done. And I get to enjoy my hot morning cocoa unbothered.

Life is good...

At around 8 am I see my co-workers starting to come in one by one. Our door opens at 8:30 am, so this gives them ample time to get themselves together to get the day going.

I was so deep in the work that I didn't see that time was so far gone. I look at my phone to see that it was almost noon and I haven't had lunch yet.

At the same time, my stomach growled indicating that I need to feed it.

So, I went across the street to get a nice burger king chicken sandwich with bacon and extra cheese. I smiled to myself just to the thought of eating this sandwich.

I didn't want to eat here, so I hurried back to the office to use our very cozy lunch room. I found my favourite corner seat that had a glass window overlooking the New Kingston area.

The scene was beautiful which made me enjoy the sandwich even more.

Seeing as though i had time on my hand......i took out my phone and went on instagram to see all of what i missed over the last few days.

Playing detective are we.....

My fingers having a mind of their own found his page, just to see what he has been up to. I clicked on his profile and saw that he has been pretty active the last two days.

Likkle whore.....

He was definitely active doing other things as well. I was scrolling through until I saw a picture of him and social media influencer Suzie Q. I wonder if they are a thing.

And you're curious because.....

No reason in particular.....just trying to see what i'm up against....i laughed out loud to myself.

This whole situation is literally driving me crazy and for what? i simple just logged out to gain some level of calmness to my little heart.

That's my fair share of being a detective for today. Looking at the time, I see that I still have 10 minutes, so I went to the ladies room.