Three

Y/N has always worked alone. She was alone in the orphanage, at school, and when hunting criminals. So looking for the hero killer with heroes felt uncomfortable, especially with this particular hero.

"Omg! Can I have your autogra-"

"I don't care."

Endeavor.

"I apologize for his behavior."

And his son.

The boy is the same age as Y/N. She remembers watching the Sports Festival from the top of the stadium. Shoto Todoroki, she'll admit she was impressed by his power and skill.

"You have an interesting hero costume." The boy speaks up as they walk behind his father.

The voice sends Y/N into anxiety. Social interaction is a villain she hasn't defeated yet.

Her hood conceals her red face, "It's not a hero costume, it's just an old coat I found in a dumpster."

"...oh."

The boy sadly looked at the ground. How sad...maybe he should buy her a new coat.

She mentally hit herself. Yeah, let's reveal how poor you are, Y/N.

When she found the long distressed coat last year it was exactly what she needed. It concealed her face in crowds and it was already beat up, perfect for when she has to get down and dirty. Underneath she wears a black long sleeve, black pants, and black combat boots.

"...my names Shoto Todoro-"

"I-I know, I watched the Sports Festival and saw the USJ incident on the news, class1a is like Japan's golden children." She mentally hits herself again for cutting him off.

"But none of our quirks have to do with gold."

She laughs nervously, "Oh man that sure flew over your head."

To Y/N's confusion he looks up at the sky. Then she feels his eyes bore into the side of her hood making her whip her head away.

"I don't see where it went, what was it that flew over my head?"

His question suddenly distinguishes her nervousness. The girl turns towards the teen, face still hidden. She blinks a few times in puzzlement. Then it clicks.

He's completely oblivious.

He tilts his head like a puppy genuinely wondering if something physically flew over them. Other people probably would have laughed, but Y/N just swallows before speaking.

"Uh, well no, that was just a figure of speech...nothing actually flew over your head, it just means your brain missed the meaning of what I said and you took it at face value thus...it flew over your head."

He looks back forward in thought, "I understand now, thank you."

She looks back ahead not realizing a small smile adorns her read face in amusement. He must be pretty sheltered.

"No problem."

The flaming hero suddenly turns around, towering over the hooded girl. She doesn't flinch.

"Stop talking to my son!"

"Dad stop-"

"No Shoto! I will not allow you to associate yourself with someone who's quirkless!"

Todoroki's anger fades to confusion, "Quirkless?"

Y/N pulls off her hood, glaring back at the Pro, "Quirk or not, I still do your job better than you."

Todoroki stares in shock to see the girls entire aura flip so drastically.

The older man's voice lowers to a threatening tone, "Watch what you say child, you're still a criminal."

Her glare deepens, "If the rumors are true, you should be thrown in a cell right along with me."

BOOM

All three eyes snap towards the direction of the explosion. A giant inhuman creature crashes from a nearby building sending the busy street into a frenzy. Citizens frantically run away from the beast as it smashes everything in its path. Endeavor launches into action, charging towards the commotion.

Bing!

Y/N looks to see Todoroki checking the message on his phone, "Is now really the time to check Twitter?!"

"It's Midoriya, he sent his location."

"Who?!"

"My friend, but I don't understand he didn't send anything else, he doesn't usually-"

The girls eyes widen and she snatches the phone. The pin's about half a mile away. She shoves the phone back into his hands and dashes away.

"Where are you going?!"

She rounds the corner with no response. The boy looks back at his father before following her. The girl is fast but he soon catches up with his ice, running on her right side. He looks at the teens scar on her left eye, same side as his. She notices his stare and tries to keep herself from getting embarrassed.

While running she talks between pants, "When I was a kid I lost control and almost clawed my eye out to get myself back to normal."

Todoroki looks ahead not noticing he was staring, "My mother gave me mine...she didn't mean to hurt me..."

"From what I heard about your dad, I don't blame her."

"NO STOP IT!"

The two turn the corner and see a man plunging his katana down to his victim beneath him. Todoroki shoot out a stream of fire from his left. The armed man flips into the air dodging the attack. He lands looking up at his attacker. His gaze quickly shifts to Y/N, recognition in his eyes.

"Inferno! The true hero from Osaka! Have you come here to join me?"

"No..." The red pigment starts to travel up her arms, "I've come to curb stomp you, asshole."

——_
AUTHOR NOTE

So I based Inferno's vigilante costume design off of Ratcatcher 2. Idk why but I just loved her costume in The Suicide Squad. Just imagine this but without the mask:

 Just imagine this but without the mask: