Nine

Today is Y/N's first day of high school. She agreed to attend as a student if Nezu would convince the police to re-open the investigation of her parent's deaths. The principal obliged happily and now here she is standing inside one of UA's many training grounds.

She couldn't believe how complicated and large the metal maze was. Metal structures and pipes seemed so mangled together it was almost impossible to tell which direction goes towards the exit. A rush of wind hits her and she looks to see All Might in his buff form next to her.

"There you are, young L/N! I thought you ran off, HA HA!"

"I was just looking around."

"Well, you'll have plenty of time to do that during training, follow me! Your new classmates are waiting up front!"

All Might jumps out of the maze, almost as if he was flying. Her arms and legs turn red as she jumps and flips through the maze, following the hero. Her eyes widen at the sight of class1A. She stops just before the entrance, still out of sight of the students. All Might lands in front of them with a joyous smile.

"Okay! I am here!"

The class doesn't seem to react much except for Midoriya, who she spots with his fists balled up in excitement.

"Before we start training, today is a special day! You have a new classmate-eh where'd she go?" He gestures at the spot next to him and looks back at the maze.

The class begins murmuring in anticipation. Her heart drops in anxiety. Her experience with past classmates haven't been pleasant. Growing up the kids in her class were scared of her, granted she did destroy things in the classroom when Yoru would slip out, but it's not like she wanted to. It didn't take long for her to be outcasted, being known as the scary demon girl. She has better control over Yoru now...maybe things will be different?

"Young L/N! Come on out and meet your new classmates!"

Bakugou's eyebrows raise in surprise for a second, "L/N?"

She takes a deep breath and flips into the view of the class. She lands next to All Might and lets her skin color fade back into her limbs. Class 1A stare in awe. The Hero Killer crew even smile to her surprise. Bakugou grunts and looks to the side in annoyance.

She bows her voice coming out timid, "I'm Y/N L/N, nice to meet you."

"L/N will be joining your class for the rest of your time at UA so please welcome her with open arms!"

She straightens up and quickly joins her class to avoid their eyes, standing between Midoriya and Todoroki. All Might begins explaining their training exercise. Y/N can still feel multiple eyes on her making her nervous. She feels a poke on her arm and she looks over to see Midoriya.

"I'm so happy you're joining our class, L/N!" His eyes disappear into half moons as he smiles brightly.

Her face heats up, "U-uh...I'm glad too."

She's not used to someone being so happy to see her like this. Something behind Midoriya catches her attention and her blush disappears.

օɦ ʟօօӄ

ʍʏ ʄǟʋօʀɨȶɛ ֆռǟƈӄ

She can feel Bakugou's anger growing by the second. His face is twisted into a scowl as he listens to All Might. She tears her eyes away as she tries to bury Yoru. Being in this class might be a little more difficult than she thought.

•••

"So you're pretty much like a hero already?! That's so cool!"