Fourteen

She's late. When Nezu said the bus for the training camp was leaving soon he actually meant now. She sprinted across the campus at a speed Iida would approve of. She finally makes it to the bus and runs on. She hunches over catching her breath. She recovers and stands up looking ahead.

"..."

Everyone just stares at her. She stares back frozen in place. She swears she's had nightmares like this before.

Aizawa's voice breaks her out of her anxious state, "Good you're here. You still have to attend the extra training with the other exam failures. Take a seat so we can go."

"Um...but I don't have any of my things-"

"Uraraka and Asui packed your bags. Take a seat."

"Y-yes s-sir."

She scans the seats, every seat is taken except for two. Bakugou sits in the last row by himself, assuming he didn't want to sit by anyone, leaving one seat by him and another one next to Tokoyami. She makes eye contact with Bakugou. She can see it in his eyes, he has questions she doesn't want to answer.

She makes a beeline for the seat next to Tokoyami with her head down. The bus closes the doors and starts driving. It doesn't take long for the chatter to start up again. Y/N sighs in relief thankful for the end of the unbearable silence.

They're an hour into the bus ride and both Y/N and Tokoyami haven't said a word. Of course she didn't expect him to, he's always been pretty quiet. But it doesn't seem like he's freaked out by her or anything. He's just...reading a book. He's not bothered by her presence and it definitely isn't interrupting his peaceful page turning.

She leans back in her seat. For once her silence with another person is actually nice. Maybe it's the fact that they both have an unspoken agreement that they both have violent creatures inside of them. It's like they skipped the awkward small talk stage and went straight to enjoying a comfortable silence when around each other.

It's not long before they stop on the highway. They were on the side of a mountain overlooking a large forrest. Everyone steps out stretching out their stiff muscles. Y/N keeps her distance from everyone still scared to say anything. She makes her way to the guard rail on the cliff. She squints at the forrest below, seeing movement from some large creatures. Familiarity hits her. Wait is this-

"Lock on with this sparkling gazes!"

"Stingingly cute and catlike!"

"Wild, wild...Pussycats!"

Y/N rests her face in her hands in embarrassment, "Oh no."

"These are the pro heroes who will be working with us during the camp."

As Midoriya starts fanboying about the pro's, Y/N feels a tug on her school jacket. She looks down to see a small boy with a red hat. She beams and kneels down hugging him.

"Izumi! It's been so long!"

He tries to push her off, "Hey don't embarrass me, N/N (this is stands for nickname, it can be different depending on which character says it)."

She lets go, "Oh sorry sorry. Wow look at you, you've gotten taller."

"You didn't come to visit us for a year."

Her smile falters.

He glares, "I saw you on the news."

She places a hand on his shoulder, "Izumi-"

He shakes her hand off and steps back, "You abandoned us to play hero...and I hate heroes."

He turns around and walks back to the Pussycats.
Y/N's mouth hangs open. She feels her heart crack and she stands up, shamefully staring at the ground. Suddenly the earth below their feet rises and they're launched over the cliff.