Twenty Three

"The answers no."

Y/n frowns, "But you don't even know-"

The time user scoffs, "Oh, I know, Miss Inferno. You were taking out quite a few of my men, naturally I wanted to know why. You want me to look into your past and prove to the police you're innocent right?"

Y/n stares dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry, really I am. I try my best to support my fellow women, but that involves talking to the police, so I'm going to have to decline."

Y/N's eyes start darting around the room. Already thinking of a plan to take out every guard in the room. She's desperate and she will leave with the time user tonight.

Hawks clears his throat, "How about a deal..."

The woman looks Hawks up and down then squints suspiciously, "I'm listening."

"Well, I've done my own research and I know that you fled here from the U.S. when you were a teenager. Blamed for a murder you didn't commit." The woman's face turns into a glare, "Your sister, Daniella?"

"Don't speak her name." She snaps.

"I can get the charges dropped. You can go back home. But you have to help us first."

The tall woman stands, "I've never even met you before. I have no reason to trust you, let alone risk getting thrown in Tartarus."

Out of the corner of her eye, Y/n sees Hawks tilt his head towards the ceiling. A smile begins to spread on his face.

"Oh, how convenient!" He looks to the time user, "We have the perfect opportunity to prove our loyalty!"

Both females stare in confusion.

"How about along with your charges dropped, we also get you out of here safely?"

As if on queue, the thrumming music from the club abruptly stops. A few screams and running feet can be heard. Y/n mouth drops in surprise. Hawks tilts his head as another one of his other shedded feathers alerts him.

"I have dozens of guards just in this room. What makes you think I need your help?"

"Boss." Eyes turn to a burly guard, a finger pressed to his ear piece, "It's some UA students. They've taken out the first and second floor security."

Y/n's eyes widen.

The time user blinks, "What? How?"

Hawks stands, the guards tensing defensively, "Oh, the first years are feisty this year. Apparently they were quite exceptional at the hero license exam last month."

The woman's stoic look starts to crack, "How exceptional?"

A boom creates a crack in the ceiling. The time user stares at the ceiling for a long moment, then sighs.

"Fine, there's a back door. Get me out of here. Cross me once and the deals off."

Hawks claps his hands together with a smile, "Great! See Y/n? All you needed was a little charm."

The girl sighs in relief. The time user gives her a nod and Y/n returns the same gratefully.

The sound of guards grunting in pain is heard right outside the door.

"I'll hold them off. Take the time user." Y/n stands turning to the door.

"Are you sure-"

"Yes. You can fly, you'll be faster." Red starts to ripple up her arms.

Hawks smiles like a proud older brother, "Wow, you're crazy, kid. I'll head straight to the police station. Good luck."

Yoru looks back with a wink, "Thanks, but I won't need it."