Twenty One

The demon slowly gets to her feet holding her head.

Midoriya puts up his hands and approaches her cautiously, "L/N or-uh Yoru. Kacchan told me about your parents..."

She looks at him blinking frantically.

Tears start to well up in his eyes as he gets closer, "A-and I know that nothing I say will make you feel better...I just want you to know that me and everyone are still here for you...we'll never turn our backs on yo-"

She pounces on him, pinning him to the ground raising a clawed hand up. Sir Nighteye gets ready to throw another paperweight, but he stops. Liquid drops onto Midoriya's face. Yoru fades and Y/N replaces her. Tears roll down her face as quiet sobs escape her lips.

She gets off of her classmate and steps back as he stands. Midoriya's heart shatters at the sight of the girl. He reaches a hand out.

"L/N-"

She looks up slightly panicked, "T-the girl! You have to s-save Eri!"

"What about you?"

"I-I can't bring out Yoru after the drug. I'm useless right now. Just go!"

The three make their way towards the wall. Midoriya looks back at her.

He flashes a bright smile, probably the brightest she's ever seen, "Wait for me L/N!"

She stares as they burst through the wall and into the action. She really wishes she could stay...

She turns opposite of the commotion and walks.

•••

The grass absorbs the rain as it falls from the sky. She can feel her pants getting soaked, but she stays cross legged on the ground. The grave stones shining from the water, creating a mirror.

The rain sure does have perfect timing.

Y/N looks at her reflection. Her hair sticks to her skin. She looks sickly, eyes dull. She's never looked worse.

"I don't know if I can do this."

ȶɦɨռӄ օʄ ɨȶ ʟɨӄɛ ǟ ɮǟռɖǟɨɖ

ʝʊֆȶ ʀɨք ɨȶ օʄʄ

She reaches out a hand, it hovers above the graves. The tears well up in her eyes. Her hand begins to tremble. A pained expression skews her face and a sob escapes her mouth. She scrambles away from the graves, getting to her feet.

"I-I can't! I can't look at them! I-I-"

"L/N?"

Y/N turns around a gasp leaving her mouth.

"W-what are you-"

Her voice is cut off by a chest in her face. Arms squeezing her tightly. They're so warm in the cool rain. Subconsciously she leans into the hug, laying her head on his shoulder. For the second time in her life Bakugou was hugging her. How lucky.

"I thought you died."

"Feels like I did."

He steps back from the hug scanning her face, "How did you escape?"

"I just walked out."

"Walked out? How the hell did you just walk out?!"

She shrugs, "I mean, I didn't even realize I did until I got here." She arches an eyebrow, "How...how did you know you'd find me here?"

"This was the most stereotypical place I could find you, idiot."

She glanced back at her parents graves, "Oh."

"Y/N."

The girl snaps back to Bakugou, blinking rapidly. Her first name...

He places his hands on her shoulders, "I'm not...good at shit like this...but I'm sorry...for all of it. I want to incinerate the league for what they did to you! Those low life's are going to pay and I am going to hit them with an atom bomb-"

"Katsuki..."

He freezes. His first name.

"Stop...it's not their fault. I was going to find out sooner or later anyway..."

"But...but that wasn't you! That was Yoru! Once you come back to UA then we can-"

Y/N's eyes widen and she steps out of his grasp, "UA?...no...I-I can't go back...I'm not ready."

Bakugou scoffs, "W-what? No, you have to come back!"

"The police will be after me."

"We'll convince them that it was Yoru!"

"There's no evidence."

"Then we'll get Principal Nezu on our side and All Might! You can't just-"

"Katsuki!" Her skin ripples red for a moment stopping the teen in his tracks, "I can not go back...not yet."

Bakugou grunts in annoyance, "Fine...then when?"

Y/N frowns staring at the ground. Her eyes widen. She has an idea.

She steps towards him placing a hand on his arm in comfort, "When I find evidence...until then I have to stay under the radar."

A flash of sadness crosses his face before turning to his usual grumpy expression. He pulls her into another crushing hug.

"If you don't come back soon Deku's gonna start crying all the time and it'll be fucking annoying."

She steps back a weak smile on her face, "Tell everyone I'm sorry."

Then she walked away. She didn't look back. She couldn't.

•••

Y/n coughed, waving the dust particles away from her face. The floorboards creaked under her steps as she approached the pile of clothes in the corner. The place smelled of mold. The abandoned house she lived in during her vigilante days.

It was a dump then.

It's still a dump now.

At the bottom of the pile lay a familiar brown coat. She lifts it up and can't help, but twitch a smile.

ɨ ʟɨӄɛ ʏօʊʀ ɦɛʀօ ƈօֆȶʊʍɛ ʍօʀɛ

"This is no work for a hero..."