Chapter 6

🌺Taylor🌺

I feel bad for ignoring Valentina, but it's what's best. If father finds out that I have "friends", he'll hurt me. He says I'm not supposed to have any friends because I don't deserve them.

I do believe him, because I'm pathetic. Plus, who would want to be friends with me? Miss Nobody?

I just don't get it. Why is Valentina treating me so nicely? Why is she talking to me? Why is she...happy around me? She isn't supposed to talk to me. Haven't she heard how much of a freak I am?

There are rumors about it.

The fat girl who doesn't have any friends.

The fat girl who's a freak

The quiet girl has no friends.

Freak.

Ha! No wonder no one wants to be friends with you. You're ugly and fat! Probably sour too.

I sighed as I walked in the halls, heading to my locker. I was on break now and I haven't seen Valentina.

I've gotten used to her bubbly self around me, normally talking and smiling. I'd listen to her voice all day.  When I snapped at her, I was just not in the mood to talk to anyone and she was just kind of there, so I snapped. I got scared after I did tho.

Was she going to hit me like he does? Was my thought as I hurried to pack my stuff up.

Anyways, snapping out of my thoughts, I punched in the code to my locker and opened. I placed the book in my hand inside and took out what I'd need for my next two classes.

"Bitch," I heard the familiar voice of Ana.

I didn't answer her as I zipped open my bag and placed the books inside.

"I am talking TO YOU!" Ana slapped me across the face and I looked down in shame as all eyes suddenly snapped to us.

I placed my hand on my stinging cheek and turned to look at Ana. She shoved three books in my hands.

"These are my homework books and you're doing them. I need the tomorrow by 8. No later than that." She chewed awfully loud on her bubblegum.

I nodded and took the books.

"No."

I looked and saw Valentina parting through the crowd.

"She won't be doing your scrappy homework." The blonde took the books from me and shove them at Ana.

"Shut it, newbie."

Valentina scowled and held my hand, and led me through the crowd and to the girl's bathroom.

She removed my hand from my cheek and looked at it. Valentina opened her bag and took out something in a small circular thing and opened it. She placed some on her finger and rubbed it on my cheek.

I flinched when it stung.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

After some time, she spoke up, "Why do you let her boss you around like that?"

I didn't answer her.

"Do as I say or I'll tell the whole school how much of an abused bitch you are."

"I need an answer, Taylor. No shy games this time."

I looked up at her.

"Please, Tay."

Task A — completed

Task B — in progress🐀