Chapter 17

i woke up, happy and excited to see what today holds. i took a shower (i've moved in the guest room instead of moving things into my room) and then did my morning routine. i went to the closet and ten started to pick out my outfit for the day.

i see what i have.

nothing to make me look pretty.

i frowned.

something caught my eye - a blue cropped top that has on a hood and a black leggings. the cropped top has "a$$" written on it in sparkles.

i decided to wear it today, because why not?

i put them on and then did my hair in a plait. putting on some lip balm, i looked at myself in the mirror.

gasping, i touched my cheeks slowly.

"that's me? this is me?"

i know i'm not wearing any makeup, but i look like someone different. i dont wear crop tops, so...

my eyes fell to my stomach and i closed an eye, giving myself a look. i turned to my side profile. i looked pretty okay but there were still scars in my back.

looking at the time, i grabbed a sweater and took up my bag and ram out of the house, not caring about breakfast. i ran to the bus stop, just as the bus arrived and got in.

-

2 periods later

-

it was now lunch time, and i was looking for valentina since i haven't seen her since day. i sighed as i looked in another classroom.

i started walking down the hall which students loitered.

i was about to stop at my locker when i heard a chirpy voice which i haven't heard in a long time.

"taylor! long time don't see, bitch!"

her and her minions walked up to me, their heels clicking agaisnt the floor.

heels. something i despise- other than people.

"hi, ana."

she gave me a dry smile.

"i haven't heard from you in...a month. having fun with your new girlfriend? where is she? oh wait, you don't have one."

i raised my brows at her. a feeling of confidence came over me and i looked at ana.

"having fun with your dad? where is he?"

she gave me a confused look.

"oh, wait, you don't have one."

(before y'all come at me, that was from a tiktok trend that i saw on my fyp)

her face fell as it turned red and she let out a small scream.

"you little bitch! don't you dare speak about my father."

ana grabbed a child's lunch and throw it at me, making me flinch as the grease and food came on me.

"pathetic." she scoffed and walked off.

i grimaced and head to the bathroom.

the one time i stood up for myself, i ended up getting embarrassed. letting out a small sniffle, i pushed open the bathroom door, but paused when i heard some talking.

"i like you, valentina."

"i like you too, debby-"

-

sorry, not sorry🌺