Chapter 14

time lapse - 2 weeks later

time line - 1 1/2 months since taylor has seen her dad
- november 19✨

-

i've realized that debby has been some what touchy with valentina and it made me feel some kind of way. i dont know, but i didn't like it. its not my job to interfere, tho.

i don't eat lunch, because i still wasn't used to eating a three course meal daily and more like...1 meal a week.

settling in with the changes of the fact that...my father isn't here is something i'm trying to get used to.

i'm trying to get my skin healthy again, trying to get used to not being cornered every day by him. my dreams still haunts me like a ghost.

they honestly scares me.

sometimes, i die in them and sometimes they are just flashbacks, which makes me wake up in a panic, scared that it happened again.

sometimes i ask myself, why me? what did i ever do to deserve this? looking like mom isn't my fault.

i dont even know myself any more. it just gers tiring to be really honest. everything. my over-thinking, the dreams, food, my thoughts, everything!

i just wish they all can just disappear.

- 🥀 Valentina 🥀 -

taylor hasn't really spoken to me a lot in the last...3 weeks and it makes me worried about her.

did i do something wrong?

i keep on realizing that she glares at debby secretly every time we hang out at lunch. i also realizes that she does not eat anything at lunch and she always has her head hung down.

it makes me feel sad to know that she wont talk to me. every time i approach her, she always ignores me or tell me that she has to study, or say thar i should go hang out with debby.

i think this has something to do with debby? not entirely, but...i think so.

i was going to get her to talk to me, one way or the other.

what a surprise it is to see me using these exact same words again.

-

"hey, tay." i said softly as i approached the raven-haired girl.

she jumped slightly and turned to look at me, "hi."

"may i sit?"

"um, yeah, sure." she mumbled and pulled her books over to her.

i sat down in front of her and watched as her eyes skimmed through a book she was reading. from what i can see, it was an animated book.

i gently placed my hand in the book and pushed it down from her face.

"can we talk, please?" i asked her desperately.

taylor nodded.

"i- you're ignoring me."

"i'm not." she frowned.

"yes you are. you- you hardly talk to me and you hardly hang out with me again." i pouted.

last month, we were inseparable and now, this month, we are separable.

"oh, i'm sorry if it seemed like that." taylor apologized.

"you dont have to apologize because you have a choice if you dont want to hang out with me or not. i was just clarifying things." i said.

taylor nodded.

"are- are we still friends?"

"of course we are. why wouldn't we be?" i asked in confusion.

"oh, well, because- nothing."

"tay." i said a bit stern.

"its nothing, val."

she stared at me and i stared back at her.

"if you say so." i gave in.