Chapter 25

the door bell rung and i skipped downstairs happily.

i opened it and gave the person a bright smile. looking up at the person's face, i saw my...father? i stumbled back and he smiled at me.

"taylor!"

i gulped.

"f-father."

memories of what he did started coming back, and i closed my eyes, trying to get them out.

"i missed you, sweetie."

i didn't answer as i stepped back some more.

he closed the door and i looked down.

"didn't you miss me, sweetheart?"

i nodded in fright and i felt my hair being pulled back harshly.

"you didn't miss me, did you!?"

tears already starting pooling in my eyes from the pain in my scalp. my bottom lip trembled as i stared into my father's eyes; the well-known evil glint showing.

"you son of a bitch. i gave you a home to stay and money to eat and you didn't miss me? ungrateful."

father slapped me and let my hair go.

"go make me some food, bitch."

i thought he went to get better?

i went to the kitchen, sniffling and took out pots and ingredients to start cooking dinner for him.

fixing a quick meal, i placed the food on a tray and walked to the living room where i saw dad unpacking his suitcase, which consisted of alcohol and drugs. scrunching my nose at the bad scent of the weed, i placed the tray down on the table and father looked at it.

"what is this?"

"s-steak, sir." i stuttered.

"that doesn't even look like its cooked." he scowled.

i nibbled on my bottom lip nervously and he took up the tray. i was about to walk away when i felt a searing pain on my back, and heard glass shattering.

i screamed in pain and turned to father who was rolling something.

whimpering, i picked up the broken dish and the tray and walked back to the kitchen to discard them and then to my room to get cleaned up.

-

"yash, where is our daughter?" father said to me as i was about to head to my room.

i froze. he was high again.

i decided not to answer and tried tip-toeing upstairs.

"i haven't seen her in...years." he slurred a bit.

i heard a bottle drop and then the glass breaking.

"did you hurt her?" the venom dripped from his words as he spoke. father stand and i saw him turn to me from my peripheral vision, "answer me!" he yelled.

i cleared my throat, suddenly getting nervous.

"n-no, sir."

"how do i know you're telling the truth?!"

i flinched and held my head down.

"you're a good for nothing mother! don't know where our daughter is! son of a bi-"

-

i jumped up from my sleep, tear stained face, heart pounding, sweating, and looked around the room.

i was safe. its just a dream.

i tried convincing myself that, but i know that it was a flashback and that father is back.

i brought my knees up to my chest and let the tears flowed and sobbed silently.