Chapter 23

"let me see your cheek, val."

"its fine, tay."

"no. i want to look at your cheek."

"and i said it is fine."

i sighed and gave up.

"yeah, whatever. but make sure it aint infected."

"how is the- oh," valentina chuckled.

-

"you know i really like her?" i turned in shock at the voice and saw debby.

"um, yes?"

"and you're so nonchalant about it. aren't we friends?" debby snapped.

"yes, but-"

"but nothing. if it wasn't for you, she would've liked me back, you fat bitch!" debby yelled at me.

my eyes watered. debby glared at me.

"maybe i should get rid of you, huh?"

i gulped down my tears.

"what do you mean?" i asked her with a slight stutter.

debby smirked at me.

"if you're out of the way then maybe she'd like me. she'd notice me and not be all up on you. i dont know what she sees in you, but you're ugly."

i blinked away the tears.

"you're mean, debby."

"i am mean?" she let out a humorous laugh.

"yes you are. you only want stuff for yourself and no one else should enjoy their selves. what if she likes me and not you? accept it. not everything is going to go the way you like it and this was your problem when we were smaller. you've always wanted the top spot, but because you didn't get it, you started to hate me. for what? i do not know but whatever died up your butt, you need to get it out and stop taking your problems out on people!"

debby's smirk fell and i took a deep breath.

"i dont hate you, debby, but you have to get better. you cant live like this." i spoke softly.

debby looked down and i heard the bathroom door open. i looked at it and saw val.

"you were taking long so i came to che-"

valentina stopped mid-sentence when she saw debby and shot her a glare.

"you're done?" she asks me and i nodded, "c'mon then."

i walked to her out-stretched hand and placed mine in it. i looked back at debby and saw her looking at our conjoined hands.

val and i exited the bathroom and when we were a good distance away, she stopped walking.

"what did she say to you?"

"nothing?" i replied in a questioning way.

"dont lie to me, taylor."

"well, umm, she said that she doesn't get why you like me and if it wasn't for me, you would've noticed her."

valentina sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"that's all she said?"

i gave her a nod.

valentina narrowed her eyes at me.

i sighed, "she said that i'd be better if she got rid of me and she called me fat."

valentina glared at the ground and then looked up at me.

"you believed her?"

i gave her a slight nod, fondling with my fingers.

"you are not fat, okay?"

"i am, tho."

"you aren't okay."

"then what am i? i am scrawny, i'm di-"

"dont you dare speak down on yourself like that!"

"but its the truth."

valentina glared at me, a dark look in her eyes. she pointed a finger at me,

"you, are not fat. you are thick and you are not disgusting. you should love your body. not because other people speak down on your body you should believe them. taylor, trust me, you are beautiful, okay?"

i nodded, my lips parted as i stared at her.

"you are an angel. dont believe the bad things speak about you."

i nodded again and val brought me into a hug.

"you should be more confident in your body, too, bebé."

if only she knew...

.

-

writer's block- help