Chapter 22

🦄 Taylor 🦄

- 4 days later (its a tuesday btw) -

for the first time, i didn't flinch when she raised both of her arms to hug me.

for the first time, i reciprocated her positive energy.

for the first time, i was happy to see valentina (i've always been, but more than the other times).

i rested my had on her chest as i hugged her tightly. val gave me a small squeeze and i pulled back.

"good morning!"

val chuckled, "good morning, taylor."

"how are you?" i opened my locker and took out the books i necessarily needed and placed them in my backpack.

"my morning is shit-"

"bad word." i said.

"i've said it countless times before." val said as she took out her books also.

"well not around me."

"yes i have."

"nope. and that's the end." i stuck my tongue out childishly at her and she smiled.

"anyways, how are you? slept well?"

"mhm'nt." i hummed, nodding, "i dreamt."

"about what?"

"i was riding a unicorn."

valentina looked at me amused and gave me a small nod.

"its a big deal because it wasn't a nightmare."

"you have nightmares?"

i nodded and looked up at her.

"penny for one?"

she pulled out a dollar from her pocket and i gave her a look. valentina laughed and shook her head, "i'm just joking, but just so you know, if you need me, i'm here."

she slipped in the classroom and i stopped walking.

i didn't even realized we were at class already. i entered the classroom also, and sat down beside her.

-

"val, n-"

"dykes."

val and i stopped talking and i looked at the person to see ana. i pulled valentina before she could do anything.

ana cackled.

"what? pulling her away so she doesn't embarrass herself? please, she already knows how much of an embarrassment she is. plus, who the hell drives a ferrari? its so...ugly."

ana, please shut up.

"like your mom owns anything better." valentina hissed ather as i continued pulling her away.

"what did you say, dyke?" ana screeched.

val stopped walking and pulled her hand from mine and turned to ana.

"why are you so pressed about when someone speaks about your parents, huh? is your mom dead too?" valentina questioned as she folded her arms.

my eyes fall to her chest but i immediately stopped looking there when i heard a smack.

val's head snapped side ways and she brought a hand to her cheek.

she chuckled and turned to me and stretched her hand out to me. my eyes fell to her cheek and i saw a little blood from the corner of her lips.

"yes, walk away, bi-"

valentina made a sharp turn and punched her in the face, knocking her out. i flinched a bit and mumbled an "ouch".

"ready?"

-